The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was never a big fan of the OEM mirrors on my Exige S. Spent a fair amount of time evaluating what I could replace them with and ended up with two considerations; BOE's Marque Mirrors and Magical Racing Mirrors. Lots of info and pics on this site about both, but nobody local had them installed to see in person.......so I bit the bullet and bought both to determine which was the better choice in the confines of my garage.

My plan was to pick the one I liked and install over the winter, reselling the pair I didn't use. Well, the winter was spent looking at both mirrors, holding them up to the car, thinking about the esthetics and having a tough time deciding. I even took apart BOE's mirror base to see if I could attach the Magical mirrors to the fantastic BOE CNC machined bases (they don't fit, the screw size on the magical stems are too large for the BOE base fitting. You could probably source the proper fitting to mount it, but in the end I liked the BOE mirror package best).

So after much evaluation (more time was spent on this decision than anything else I have done on my car) I concluded that Phil's crafty design of his CNC machined base (with black cut out vinyl for the A pillar included) and CF mirrors was the best choice.

Spent one morning in my garage this spring and did the entire install without issues. I like them. Happy with my choice and now I have a brand new set of Magical Racing mirrors for sale.

Thanks Phil! Another great design and product. (unfortunately for many, these are no longer available).

Attachments

·
Registered
831 Posts
Nice job. The Magical Racing install can be made even cleaner if you use the top OEM mounting hole and a little fabrication. Fill in the other hole and paint and you have a really clean look. But your solution looks good too. I just got to detest the mounting base in any of the aftermarket mirror choices.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Happy with my choice and now I have a brand new set of Magical Racing mirrors for sale.
what size stalk & mounting plate did you go with for the magical's?

'cause I'm interested (shoot me a PM) :up:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brand new in box with all fittings. Racer Replica Mirrors/super long stem (3 inches) twill carbon fiber, type 4 head, plate type & stem color black. $325 including shipping within USA

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Magical Racing Mirrors SOLD!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts