The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This crosses sub-forums but I thought I would post here first to see if anyone running the BOE oil pan along with the Sector111 Substiffy.

I have a message out to Phil on the question but figured I'd ask to board as well. I additionally spoke with BWR and they said it was a good question but did not know if the two worked with one and another.

Any personal insight on running the two together would be greatly appreciated. Crossing fingers hoping there's at least one other person that has tested out the pair or is doing so.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would you want to use a tubulas sub-structure, when a shear panel would be stiffer and lighter?
Great question and I am open to opinions on that as well. I picked it up the substiffy as a splurge and have it in the closet, hence the wanting to know if it works with the the pan. If a shear panel is stiffer/lighter and works with the BOE pan then I would be fine with switching to go with that route.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
This is what I've got...
Seriously Lotus Shear Panel (will fit with gPan sump)
I do have the gPan2, but I do like the BOE pan also...but I've already gotten the gPan2 before I found out about the BOE pan. I don't think it's worth replacing a gPan2 for a BOE. But if I had to do it again, I'd probably get the BOE pan.

Take a look at the photo, and see if it would clear...but I would still wait for Phil's reply.

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
This is what I've got...
Seriously Lotus Shear Panel (will fit with gPan sump)
I do have the gPan2, but I do like the BOE pan also...but I've galready otten the gPan2 before I found out about the BOE pan. I don't think it's worth replacing a gPan2 for a BOE. But if I had to do it again, I'd probaly get the BOE pan.

Take a look at the photo, and see if it would clear...but I would still wait for Phil's reply.
Ya, it won't work with stiffy. Like JJ, I prefer the shear panel. Easily removable for service and light weight. Those are unique to the shear panel.

-Phil

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts