The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the BOE one looks great and well designed , however there are a few on ebay for less then 1/2 the cost and seem to be almost identical curious if anyone has any experience either way

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
the BOE one looks great and well designed , however there are a few on ebay for less then 1/2 the cost and seem to be almost identical curious if anyone has any experience either way
Top Ramen is 20 times cheaper than Santouka. There isn't any comparison.

Most of the time you get what you pay for.

San

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
I can tell you from first hand experience...get the BOE. Or you're going to have to do it twice.

BTW..BOE comes with alot more hardware to protect your clam from stress and warping as you lift it up and down. That ebay one looks like a kids metal shop project in comparison

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a BOE Hinge set for sale, brand new never opened out the package.

Message if interested :D

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
This has come up before. Unfortunately, this is a clear-cut case of somebody buying our part and ripping it off directly. The forum member responsible for this is "noxx". When this last came up some other forum members and called him out on it and the thread ended up in a situation where it became heavily moderated. Few things are more frustrating than finding out that somebody is ripping off your hard work. I really hope that you guys will not feed the troll (Not the OP, but the people trying to rip off our work-- eBay seller, who goes by noxx on LT).

As also pointed out, this eBay rip off is hardly a kit. Our original kit comes with a clam brace that others have not figured out how to do correctly as well as battery relocation, diffuser brace, proper metal coatings, quality hardware, and customer support.

As they say, you typically get what you pay for. In this case , through eBay you get a bunch of parts that have been maliciously knocked off the original efforts of Andrew and myself.

Thanks,

Phil

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
I heard the cheap crap doesn't work well. Go figure.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
For the Record

Here are Noxx's old threads with a LOT of censoring. The stuff that got cut out were other forum members finding that Noxx clearly knew he sold knock-off to MartyMcfly and yet he claimed they were original BOE and further that he actually made the knock-offs!! Obviously Marty could not believe the poor quality of the parts and I'm glad he questioned them, as they're clearly not ours. It's not as easy to make sense of the threads now that they're modded so much, but the gist of it is there. Noxx and his ebay alias, Guy6221 is what real "Buyer Beware" threads are about! :clap:

Thread 1: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/sold-boe-clamhinge-sale-new-112483/

Thread 2: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93/these-boe-clam-hinges-may-got-ripped-off-114524/

When I clicked on Noxx's (Guy) ebay ad that just ended, I was blown away by the balls this guy must have. in the pic below, he's using one of MY pics taken on my driveway of a friend's car with our real BOE clamhinge on it. AMAZING, the peaches this guy must have!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts