The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these units similar? Any owner insight would be appreciated. Not sure which to go with for mostly street driving with occasional track duty.

Also Ino's GPAN3 or BOE's baffeled pan?

These products look very similar...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@senna's daddy and @Rizzydee, some great suggestions, thank you.

I'm wondering about the baffled oil pans.
@111Joe, Does the BOE pan work with a Fumoto valve? From searching the forum, it seems the BOW pan does accomidate one while the GPAN3 does not.

Also, can the GPAN3 be used with the BOE gasket instead of permatex?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went with InoKinetic's ChampRad and silicone hose combo. I have more than 2 years of daily driving on it with no issues. Even with the hoses included, it was a decent savings over the ProAlloy. It's basically an Asian-sourced copy, as many of the other less expensive alternatives mentioned in this thread likely are.

This is the site for Champion Cooling Systems (the supplier of the ChampRad): https://www.championcooling.com/

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
@Verichai For your described use any radiator will work fine. The F1 is overkill for street driving.

Cleaning your AC condenser and straightening the fins (assuming you have the stock fans installed, they tend to mangle it) will make more of a difference than different models of radiators.

Reactions: Verichai

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can anyone confirm the Fumoto valves on the oil pans? I got spoiled by the use of the F-valve on my other cars for making oil changes much neater, and would prefer to be able to use on the Elise after the pan replacement.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
I use an EZ Oil drain valve (Fumoto competitor) on mine. Once you decide which pan to buy just ask them the thread size and pitch and then by one that matches. Amazon carries these.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went with Inokinetic's Champrad. I haven't had any issues in 13 months and 7,000 miles. No leaks or funny noises. Thermostat stays constant at about 194 degrees even in summer months. A/C works great. I had the radiator installed as a precautionary measure when I bought the car, given all the horror stories about the OEM radiator.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went with Inokinetic's Champrad. I haven't had any issues in 13 months and 7,000 miles. No leaks or funny noises. Thermostat stays constant at about 194 degrees even in summer months. A/C works great. I had the radiator installed as a precautionary measure when I bought the car, given all the horror stories about the OEM radiator.
Good to know yours is functioning well and right on, good call. That's what I'm doing as well...precaution.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use an EZ Oil drain valve (Fumoto competitor) on mine.
Thank you. From researching various threads, here is what I came up with; the GPAN3 uses an oil drain plug bolt with threads sized 7/8"-14, but uses an internal o-ring. A Fumoto valve in the correct size seeps because it uses a gasket. The EZ Oil Drain Valve, on the other hand, is available in the correct size and uses an o-ring, so it should work perfectly with the GPAN3. I think I'll try it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts