The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Exige S
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum, New 07 Exige S owner here. Been working through some winter projects and up next is a BoE QS install. What is the recommendation on keeping the stock heat shield? I see some have trimmed it. I plan to wrap the back half of the cat u pipe. Also installing the BoE rear diffuser brace. Thanks for the help. Mike

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I ceramic coated my entire exhaust, except for the silencer, that keeps the area a lot cooler, also removed most of the heat shield, but left the part under the trunk in place.

Reactions: wonk

·
Administrator
1,543 Posts
When I upgraded to PPE header I did the "White Lightning" ceramic treatment like you and removed all the heat shields except what was bonded. No regrets less weight, less potential noises and less worries. I didn't wrap as it's not needed...even driving on 110 deg days.

·
Registered
2007 Exige S
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply's. I ended up custom cutting and reinstalling.

·
Registered
80 Posts
For me the big issue was heat getting into the CV joint. The PPE exhaust runs pretty close to it and heat soaks it causing grease to liquify which in turns causes the grease to be redistributed about the engine bay. I used the old heat shield to wrap the lower part of the PPE exhaust using some metal zip ties from Autozone to hold it in place.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I’m more concerned that you wrapped the heat exchanger....am I missing something? Airflow is your friend on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I’m more concerned that you wrapped the heat exchanger....am I missing something? Airflow is your friend on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are talking about my picture, that’s an oil cooler, that is only needed when I am on track. ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts