The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to give everyone a quick heads-up about a tune I just got for my '06 N/A Exige from Phil at BOE Fabrication. Basically, I had several issues that needed to be addressed, but I really didn't know how to do it. They included...

- power delivery wasn't smooth
- MIL would illuminate from time to time because of my de-cat, and no "fix" worked permanantly
- I wanted the TC gone, but it would never fully go away, no matter what "trick" I tried
- always wanted the Lotus Sport ECU with the lower cam cross-over

Not only did I get all of this with a tune, but I got it inside a half-hour, the car is much stronger in the midrange, and also retains the exhaust pops and cackles I love so much. The difference really can't be overstated, in short, Phil gave me a new car.

Thanks again Phil!

Lastly, if you ever find yourself in the Overland Park, KS area, you really need to check out the shop, it's a thing of beauty!

Facebook

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
+ 1,000,000

·
Registered
409 Posts
I got the kold fire sport 200 tune and i like it very much.

The powerband is much more smooth (No more "iVtec Kicked in yo" boost).

In my case it took two weeks to get the tune but i believe it was because of extra ordinary reasons.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Happy Koldfire customer!!!!!!!

Reflashed my 2010 Exige 260 S with Koldfire tune and just perfect.
The tune that was on the car would not match with VIN so check engine light on....
( i.e. not able to pass state inspection)

Also, Low idle gone!

Sounds actually better.... My neighbor pulled up right when I was going to take it out for first ECU learn drive.
No kidding the first thing he said was" hey your car sounds better...."
He is not a Lotus guy but could tell the difference on the initial drive.

As a bonus, my tire pressure monitor light is no longer on as I asked them to tune it "off"

Thanks Phil

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
+1
I've had several KoldFire tunes from BOE. The best part is the cable that allows you to upload the tune yourself. Take a few minutes. Awesome.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
What a koinkadink, Rob at Dietschwerks worked with Phil on a custom BOE Koldfire ECU reflash for my 2005 N/A Elise this past Saturday. It was long overdue for a proper dyno tuning session, considering all the N/A mods. It was running rich and wasted a lot of gas on unnecessary larger fuel injectors. Now with Rob and Phil's proper tune and correct stock injectors, my car is running strong, smooth and back to 29-30 MPG from 25 MPG. It was really smooth and nice drive from San Jose back to LA again.:shift:

Awesome, thank you Rob and Phil your multiple efforts to get the proper custom tune and working on late Friday afternoon and Saturday morning for me! Kudos for excellent customer service from both of you.:clap:

Update: Here's one of Rob's fine tuning runs with BOE reflash...it gets louder:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I got my Koldfire 200 at the BOE meet as well, and I love it! The second cam is much smoother and I love always being in the second cam when up shifting. I would highly reccomend to anyone who is still NA.

I wonder what the tune does to 0-60 times.....

·
Registered
409 Posts
Does anyone know where Phil has been? I have sent him several emails with no luck. I was hoping to have gotten my tune by now.

Sorry for the hijack, just jealous.
As i said it took 2 weeks, i just got mine last friday. The delay is because of extraordinary reasons and that's why there's no complaints from me.

Just be patient, you'll get it and it will be worth the wait.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got my Koldfire 200 at the BOE meet as well, and I love it! The second cam is much smoother and I love always being in the second cam when up shifting. I would highly reccomend to anyone who is still NA.

I wonder what the tune does to 0-60 times.....
I didn't even know the tune had a name haha. I guess that's what I got, whatever it is, it rocks!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, not sure about peak horsepower, but "general" hp through the powerband is vastly improved. Had I known it would make this much of a difference, I would have done it long ago.

·
Registered
409 Posts
according to their website the car does gain some HP. i think somewhere in the realm of 5hp if i remember correctly

If i ever remove the cat pipe (for the track) do you guys think i'll need to get this flash updated?

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"Crank your normally aspirated Elise (MY05-07) or Exige (MY06) up a notch with the Sport 200 tune by Kold-Fire. This tune reduces the cam crossover point from 6200 RPM down to 5750...so you stay on high cam longer! No more 'valley of death' or 'jolt' when going from low to high cam! You will also gain upwards of 10hp + torque during cam transition. Great for track or street. This tune is comparable to the Lotus Sport Tune and is only available for Federal Model vehicles."

But this speaks nothing of the off-peak HP, which seems greatly increased.

·
Registered
409 Posts
"Crank your normally aspirated Elise (MY05-07) or Exige (MY06) up a notch with the Sport 200 tune by Kold-Fire. This tune reduces the cam crossover point from 6200 RPM down to 5750...so you stay on high cam longer! No more 'valley of death' or 'jolt' when going from low to high cam! You will also gain upwards of 10hp + torque during cam transition. Great for track or street. This tune is comparable to the Lotus Sport Tune and is only available for Federal Model vehicles."

But this speaks nothing of the off-peak HP, which seems greatly increased.
if you look at the dyno chart you can tell there's more power throught the top end

·
Registered
944 Posts
Does anyone know where Phil has been? I have sent him several emails with no luck. I was hoping to have gotten my tune by now.

Sorry for the hijack, just jealous.
He will get with you.. Honestly a crazy busy dude--- worth the wait!
He deals with me on a weekly basis with some crazy request!
Yes, I am high maintenance!rotfl

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just got back from some twisty back-roads, and wow, I can't speak enough about this tune! I'd go so far as to say I might not own the car without it now, it's just so much more usable off-cam, and on-cam is so much easier to sustain. Not only that, but the smoothness. Maybe there was something wrong with my factory reflash before, because this tune makes me want to work for Kold-Fire, it's that good!

·
2006 Exige
672 Posts
I'd go so far as to say I might not own the car without it now
This kind of talk is making me consider the tune for my 06 Exige. It is mostly stock. I don't think I NEED the supercharger, but the 200 tune sounds like an easy/cheap upgrade.

Did anyone time their cars before and after the tune? For instance, 3,000 to 8,000 in 2nd gear??

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
i waited 6 months for my appointment- i'd do it again.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts