The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This past Saturday I just received my car back from BOE in KS. It was 05 Elise with a couple of small mods. It pulled strong off the bottom but flattened out on top. Needless to say as most of us probably do, I wanted “more” power. So after a year of discussions with Phil and Andrew at BOE, the car was shipped to KS for upgrades.
Let me say that as I had heard; from the day they received my car the customer service was first rate. I was kept informed as to the status of the vehicle and progress of the build. I was sent pictures/dyno graphs and received many calls, this helped to settle my curiosity a lot.
As for the car Phil called me on a Saturday morning with bad news which actually turned out to be very good in the long run. The reason the car seemed to flatten out in power when the RPM’s rose was a wiped second cam. The car only made 164 WHP despite a MP62 with headers, although made this power quickly as shown on the dyno.
I made the decision to go well beyond my initial intent and wound up making the following upgrades:
• Complete REV400 TVS kit
• BOE Fastworks tune
• Full front mount HEX with AC delete
• All ready had the BOE fuel surge tank
• BOE Rear mount oil cooler
• ACT HDSS clutch
• Lightweight flywheel
• BOE clam hinge
• BOE catch can
• Set op full toe links
• BOE wet sump
• Stainless brake lines
• Mahle 10.5:1 pistons
• MWR stage 3 cams
• JCR race prepped head
• ARP head studs
• ARP rod bolts
• BOE ST exhaust
• Other misc items and full assembly and tune by BOE
The results are mind blowing, the power is very smooth and predictable but very brutal in quantity. It was said to me by Andrew that “1st gear is almost usless, 2nd gear you need a strong neck and 3rd gear is just asking for a ticket” and I agree completely.
By the numbers the car went in with 168 WHP/166 torque and came out with 358 WHP/261 torque a very sizeable improvement.
Needless to sayI will need to learn to drive this beast all over again and will probably be buying a lot more tires.

I want to publically thank Phil,Andrew and the entire BOE team for making this entire process a pleasure.:clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Forget tires, you'll probably need a "ticket fund" until you lose your license, haha

I rode in a V6 Elise and that was an awesome experience. Enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
sweet car - congrats!

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
Congratulations man !

I am going to have to build mine in a year or so. I can't imagine what an extra 100hp at the wheels would be like ?

Sure would like to know !

They are an excellent crew at BOE. My Torque 300 tune certainly made my car more fun indeed !

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I agree can't say enough about the BOE talent and service. With all the work completed there is not a noticeable mark on the car and everything is working as designed.

The power this car has now match it's looks.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Looks good. Start saving up for the trans rebuild and 3-4 gear up-grade.:)

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When the time comes it to will be taken care of. Just need to decide a course of action for a street car that gets to see some track time. Open for suggestions

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
what's the cost to do all that work?

I can't imagine that much power in this small, light car.

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Running 70 mm 15 psi, but bear in mind I have 10.5:1 pistons

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quite a bit over $100.00 and worth every penny. Don't know they last time smiled so hard when driving a car. Reminds me of my first 1000 cc motorcycle. It's kinda of point and shoot.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Supercharging my car is a pipe dream at this point. But it's nice to know that BOE is a legitimate company that actually cares about customer service and results.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Quite a bit over $100.00 and worth every penny. Don't know they last time smiled so hard when driving a car. Reminds me of my first 1000 cc motorcycle. It's kinda of point and shoot.
yup - you really have to be careful where it is aimed, you have to be careful NOT to hit the gas before you pull out from behind someone to pass them...and you still have 66 more whp than I... must be nice.

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The motor runs so smooth and is amazingly powerful. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again.

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put in a I-shift this week end. What a pia to just pull a wire through the dash, wow. The I-shift is a real nice product though and I recommend to anyone with a fast reving vehicle or someone who has trouble seeing the tach. Works just as advertised.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Holy sh*t, nice numbers! Remebers me I'll have to upgrade asap to REV400...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
So, if you short shift at no more than 3,500 rpm, the car should feel darn close to how it was before you sent the car to them!

Enjoy the ride:)

·
2005 Elise
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha that's funny, but honestly @ 8000 rpm it demands your full attention and a place to go.:UK:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts