The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested to see if anyone has fitted a Rev 400 kit into a 2-11?
Looking closely at doing this and interested to hear from anyone who has already done the conversion.
On the face of it it looks like a straight forward job , but there are some differences between the 2-11 and Elise / Exige

Also interested in what ECU solution has been used
If BOE tune was used ... how did that work out .. any issues ?
My car is a MY 2007/8 , one of the first 40 built , I believe all 2-1s share the same ECU ?
I like the idea of a standalone ECU but don't want this to be more complicated that it needs to be... famous last words !!!

Funny how these projects grow . Started initially with blown gearbox and decided to install a Quaife sequential unit ... then decided a dry sump would be worthwhile ... now looking at SC and upgrading engine internals .. next will be tyres and suspension ... and forgot , halfway through a monoball install at present !!

Thanks for any info offered .
Barry

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
The hardware basically fits straight in on the 211 like on the others.

One point of clarification is that the 2007/8 211s have the white dash. While the ECU is essentially the same as the later black dash 211 ECUs, there is a bit of programming in the black dash ECUs that make it quite a bit different critter to tune than the white dash cars. This is a temporary hurdle and one that doesn't apply to you.

With our ECU editor, you can do most things with your white dash ECU that you can do with most standalones...

I'm currently fitting a closed loop flat-shift GCU for the sequential to my racecar, which is now running the stock ECU again (about 400whp, SAE)---- I switched back to the stock ECU after running a standalone for many years since we can now run the stock ECU in a very similar way to a standalone but without all the standalone "gotchas"...

If you're upgrading internals and want me to tune it remotely, we need to collectively choose the engine configuration so that it's something I'm comfortable tuning. If you purchase the complete ECU editor, you can have a local tune the car. I've tuned most of the more common configurations with that motor and so remote tweaking shouldn't be a big deal as long as the hardware is something we've worked with. The remote tuning issues are typically with the "reinventing the wheel" hardware/engine configurations...

Looking forward to seeing your progress!

-Phil

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil
Thanks for the reply ... I have sent you a detailed email a couple of days ago , Andrew has replied that a detailed reply will be sent soon so look forward to receiving that.
Thanks for your info re the ECU ... I have been a bit confused about that .
My car has the white dash so looks like the ECU option from you will be an easy pick.
I have been looking at a flat shift option from Geartronics Geartronics - Sequential gearbox electronic systems - Flatshift Pro as a solution but very interested in your GCU solution . Let me know details when you can .
Happy to take advice re upgrading internals so that you can supply tune initially .
Will most likely look to go with complete ECU editor ... have you supply a baseline tune for the spec installed [ engine upgrades / Rev 400 ] and then have a local tuner do the verification and fine tuning here ... does that OK ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts