The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am using the BOE now...had others in the past which did not stand up to the task once I increased the power via the BOE Rev 400...Going faster, braking deeper the stock brakes earn their keep!!! I had many tell me I needed to upgrade to the four pot AP's, change this, change that...The aftermarket rotors I had been running had cracked so bad from heat that I was afraid they would come apart...

I added the BOE rotors along with the SS vented pistons and the problem is gone...I run the CL-8 pads which stop great, do not last to well but they stop!!! BOE rotors are holding up very well to the heat and high brake loads and the SS pistons seem to assist with the cooling as well. Overall I would not go backwards, this is a set up that works in the heat of the battle and I see no reason to go to the larger brakes...This is great for me as I run 15" wheels in the front and the large rotors needed with the big brake kit would push me into 16" wheels and a whole different set of choices for tires...

As with everything I have received from BOE the quality was first class and support second to none...

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
I'm running stainless lines, RBF600, BOE Ti shims and Sector Ultradiscs. Love my setup, they never fade and I never have issues. I can brake far later than almost all cars on the track which is nice given my relative lack of power.

So while I haven't used the BOE rotors the Ultradiscs are great - I have no reason to change.

·
Registered
650 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Anyone have a picture of the BOE rotors with a wheel or without wheel on car? Thanks

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
I'll have to see if I have a pic of my wheels with a good view of the rotor... the gas venting looks pretty sexy if I do say so myself:cool:

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,117 Posts
Our rotors have been proven in racing and track use for longer than another solution. We run them on our Art Car in Lotus Cup.

Another key advantage of our ULTRAdiscs is the additional unsprung weight savings on the rear rotor. Our kit is floating - we use springs to prevent the rattling that can come from floating rotors that lack this feature. These springs also prevent uneven wear on the rotors. Our rotors also receive additional machining and treatment.

Our rotors were engineered by Girodisc - a company that specializes in brakes. The founder worked at Porsche before starting Girodisc. His knowledge of brakes resulted in additional features in our kit that aren't quite obvious to all.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
DBA 5000 Rotor Upgrade

BTW- Anyone who has DBA 5000 rotors and would like to upgrade to full floating rotors in addition improving the cooling by getting away from the cheaper pillar casting that DBA uses, can contact me about upgrading using our AP Racing hardware and rotors. We machined our center hats to use the same bolt pattern that DBA used so we can provide a full floating conversion kit and disc to go with your DBA hats. Saves a fair bit of $ per corner:up:

I've ran the majority of the choices available and it seems that you may notice a bit more bite with our rotors than others, which gives more room for pedal modulation with less effort. Also they clean excess brake bust much better with directional venting than anti-rotation straight slots. This seems to help bring the higher horsepower cars down to speed more consistently...

Cheers,

Phil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts