The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Hey Jeff,

Trying to get this batch shipped today, if not tomorrow. Sorry to be a little behind schedule, but I think this update is worth the wait:up:

Cheers,

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Went out for a test ride in a car we just finished building that we used the latest surge tank in. Here are some more installed pics...

(this car came in a few weeks ago bone stock. We added the surge tank fuel system, TVS blower, EFI and wideband 02, 2bular headers, our in house built decat and custom exhaust can, Clamhinge, relocated the Braile battery to passenger side frame rail, regrooved the LSS shocks for lower ride height, reinforced shifter, replaced the clutch and flywheel with ACT and Fidanza, Sector toe-link brace, and finally a track alignment and dyno tune... :crazyeyes Talk about a transformation!:shift:)

Cheers,

TP

Attachments

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Choi- now you know why I don't;) Have another car being shipped in this coming thursday:crazyeyes I'll try to get your tool made in the 4 off days I have:up:

Later,

TP

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Nice Phil, almost looks as good as my car ;) -- like the exhaust -- No catch cans?

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Hey Jeff,

She was shipped out late last week. Estimated delivery to Canada was 6-10 days. If you need more specifics, lets visit off line:up:

Just machined bits for 5 more yesterday. I'll be doing the welding this weekend and hope to get them all shipped Monday or Tuesday for those of you who placed orders this week...

TGIF:)

Phil

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ronnie- Got it:up: Yours is one of those fresh off the mill... Now to get my arms burnt on the TIG:eek:

Take care buddy- Phil

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Got it on monday, I installed it today.

Really impress how everything fits nice and tight under the clam. If it wasn't for the FPR and the blue hoses, nobody would know there is something going on there.

Great workmanship Phil! A clean solution to a **** up design by Lotus. I can't wait to test it on the track.

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Glad you like it Jeff. Thanks!!

If you lose an engine, it won't be from fuel starve now:up:

Keep the rubber side down,

Phil

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
uhhhh, I was at laguna last week and the engine hesitated 5 laps in a row around a left hand hairpin....I guess I got lucky.

Mark
Mark, what was your fuel level? I wound up with fuel starve for the first time during the last hot lap of one of the sessions... also in T2. When I got into the pits, I had one sliver of fuel left in the tank :eek: Laguna uses more fuel than any other track I've run. Other than that one incident, no other fuel delivery problems (I made sure my tank was full before each session after that).

Phil, has anyone installed your surge tank in an Exige S with catch cans? I'm running out of room under the clam... (extra ducting, rear shock reservoirs, catch cans, etc).

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Ya, lots... I've had a few cup cars, a ton of Elises, and several S's install them. Many are not on the forums, as you might suspect. Robains on the forum has a whole bunch of catch can plumbing in his S.... I feel like I've seen just about every conceivable engine configuration in the lotus it seems and have only seen one guy use the particular piece of real estate that the tank occupies (that one guy has a volt freaks battery there). I bet you have room in this area;)

Here's pics of Robain's setup from the BOE site:

Hope those help,

Phil

Edit- As I look at those, he may not have had his catch cans installed at the time he took the pics... LOL, sorry about that... I know he has catch cans now. Maybe he can chime in...

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Ya, lots... I've had a few cup cars, a ton of Elises, and several S's install them. Many are not on the forums, as you might suspect. Robains on the forum has a whole bunch of catch can plumbing in his S.... I feel like I've seen just about every conceivable engine configuration in the lotus it seems and have only seen one guy use the particular piece of real estate that the tank occupies (that one guy has a volt freaks battery there). I bet you have room in this area;)

Here's pics of Robain's setup from the BOE site:

Hope those help,

Phil

Edit- As I look at those, he may not have had his catch cans installed at the time he took the pics... LOL, sorry about that... I know he has catch cans now. Maybe he can chime in...
Thanks Phil!

·
Plug Whisperer
6,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Perhaps two more different angles will help... I love these yellow cars:drool:

Attachments

21 - 40 of 75 Posts