The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a tiny bit of help, I'm installing the BOE surge tank and am at the wiring step. The instructions state to splice into the black wire of the inertia switch so that the tank's pump doesn't operate in the event of an accident. However, the connector into my inertia switch (2008 Exige S240) has three wires, two purple, and one smaller white wire in the middle. Anyone know which wire I should tap?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the latest version. Per the instructions straight from BOE:

The supplied relay should be pretty well marked. The relay’s BLUE wire has a flying lead that needs to be SPLICED into the inertia fuel pump kill switch. The switch is a little black button that is located on the inside of driver’s side frame rail-*‐-*‐ Approximately under the washer fluid tank. Using a method of your choice, you need to TAP into the BLACK wire. This step will ensure that if you’re in a car wreck, your surge tank fuel pump will shut off just as the stock pump will. We feel that this is an important safety measure.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I would contact Phil to find out, especially since the other persons is plug and play. No sense cutting wires if you do not have too.

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
The STs have been plug n play on that interface for quite a long time. Guess I need to update the instructions. lol :eek:

Anyway, the upper wire as referenced in the pic you posted on the purple/purple connectors is the one to tap....

Phil

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help! For whatever reason my wiring is exactly like the instructions state so I guess it's a slightly older version? Anyhow, it was bought second hand from a guy who mounted it, and then parted out his car to resell before even driving it.

One more quick question, I need to get a relay (it was lost somehow in the transfer) and I'm not sure which one to get other than it's a weatherpac. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wanted to bump this one more time before bothering BOE via phone again. Can anyone get me specs on the relay that's included with the surge tank? Once I get one, I can test out my installation and get the car back on the ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts