The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Just purchased this, Glad I did. I installed the traction control button also. Now I have the option to disable it. Notes say you must activate it before the 5th start. It worked. Love the tune, it's very noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
How can a guy who wants to stay NA, because I'm sick of boosted cars and how they drive. That's why I bought a Elise in the first place. But wants to really optimism the 2zz with bolt ons for a more aggressive set up. I want a set of aggressive street cams, a four to two to one header, de cat, race muffler and effective intake. But it needs to come with a tune that just makes it all work together on 91 octane. Why is this stuff so hard on these cars? Does anyone offer a set up like that?

·
Registered
506 Posts
How can a guy who wants to stay NA, because I'm sick of boosted cars and how they drive. That's why I bought a Elise in the first place. But wants to really optimism the 2zz with bolt ons for a more aggressive set up. I want a set of aggressive street cams, a four to two to one header, de cat, race muffler and effective intake. But it needs to come with a tune that just makes it all work together on 91 octane. Why is this stuff so hard on these cars? Does anyone offer a set up like that?
Then I think you're in the right thread. You're gonna want to talk to BOE in detail because from what I understand...you explain to them your specific mods, and they optimize the tune for it. Maybe they can suggest which cams. I know Monkeywrench Racing sells some cams...not sure about others.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Get yourself a JCR (Jim Clayton) head as well with Ferrea rockers.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Can someone tell me if this tune eliminates the O2, EVAP and CAT readiness function? I'm trying to smog my car right now in CA and those 3 are still flashing. The smog tech told me to drive for 50 miles. I did change the battery a couple months ago and have hardly driven it since then. I'm hoping the tech is right, as I've had to do that in other cars before. I just drove about 30 more miles and nothing has changed yet....

·
Premium Member
11,579 Posts
Well, we know BOE can tell you......

Resetting is sometimes based on starts vs. mileage, isn't it?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Yeah I'm just hoping to get some clarification from Phil. Early in the thread he mentioned the capability to leave the emissions readiness sensors intact, then later in the thread, before I purchased the tune, he confirmed that the tune will in fact have those functions left in. I just want to make sure that is correct so I'm not driving around like a moron waiting for this yellow light to turn off.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
No problems with any readiness monitors here. I know they were enabled since the car threw a CEL when I installed the decat, and then went away again after installing an O2 spacer.

·
Registered
956 Posts
So my OBD reader is actually flashing HTR, CAT and EVAP....not O2 like I thought. Not that it changes much. Still hoping these turn off on their own.

I'm still hoping Phil chimes in here. If I need to re-flash with a revised tune that retains the emissions readiness then hopefully you'll support me on this. I have 12 days until my renewal expires so I need to pass smog really soon...

·
Premium Member
11,579 Posts
Have you contacted BOE directly? Phone or email?

·
Registered
956 Posts
No not yet. Was hoping the light would clear today. If not then I'll dig up his info. So much easier to post here since I have this page bookmarked.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I just wanted to update the thread to confirm that my 2006 Elise with the Torque200 did in fact pass the California emissions test no problem. My initial tune did not have the proper readiness monitors, but Phil fixed it for me. Thanks again Phil!

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I just wanted to update the thread to confirm that my 2006 Elise with the Torque200 did in fact pass the California emissions test no problem. My initial tune did not have the proper readiness monitors, but Phil fixed it for me. Thanks again Phil!
Do you recall how you drove to get the monitors to set? Thanks.

·
Registered
956 Posts
All sensors except EVAP cleared on their own in less than 2 days of normal driving. I'm sure EVAP eventually cleared too, but it was not necessary for CA smog. I read that you have to start the car, let it idle for 10 minutes then drive 10 minutes at 25 mph...screw that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Is the fastworks server online yet?

161 - 180 of 238 Posts