The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all-

I am preparing my Elise 06 for a BOE Torque 250 tune. It's got the Kantana SC and an HKS air induction instead of the stock airbox. BOE says I need to install a stock airbox.

New to me car.... My question is... what's this electric thing? MAF sensor? Does the "stock" airbox I would buy include the electrical component shown?

If not, do I just transplant what I have to to the stock airbox? Or does the same tube just mate up between the airbox and the throttle body?

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, thank you... so I need to acquire the stock air intake hose as well. #4 in the graphic. Is there another hose between the MAF and the throttle body? Where does the MAF go?

Is the tube the MAF attaches to stock as well?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I may have the parts you need, I’ll send a PM

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Stock airbox? Seems a bit strange but Phil is the tune Jedi! I would expect him to suggest an ITG but I'm a pilot not a Lotus guru.

·
Registered
146 Posts
As a side note, the HKS system is fairly rare and you should be able to resell it. Legend has it that Lotus developed this system with HKS and then decided not to offer it as an official Lotus accessory.

I think mine sounds great with my Top Gun exhaust and it makes changing filters easier. I use the green filter which is a dry layered foam, so no messing with the whole oil thing, or fouling of the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HKS system is fairly rare
It's got a nice suck sound, but looks like a clown nose with the red filter. I'm really curious why the BOE tune is so sensitive to HKS vs stock.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,403 Posts
It's got a nice suck sound, but looks like a clown nose with the red filter. I'm really curious why the BOE tune is so sensitive to HKS vs stock.
I'm sure BOE could explain better, but guessing they have developed a tune for a given setup that they are comfortable providing without having your car in the shop. If you took the car to their shop maybe they would tune it for the HKS intake.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am wondering if you actually have the Katana 265 kit. It was an optional upgrade for the Katana 2 (245bhp) and produced 265bhp. It came with an HKS intake, Larini headers and I believe your choice of hi-flo cat or straight pipe and of course the tune.

Reactions: gbrecke

·
George B.
52 Posts
Phil did offer the 250 Tune for the 'CUP Air Box', if you have a Boe Hinge, it's another option, if not, you need more skill than I have to fit the box, and replace the filter.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am wondering if you actually have the Katana 265 kit.
It was installed by the original owner on March 2012. Does this clue reveal anything? What was the timeline of the upgrade?

·
Registered
1,471 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Definitely the Katana2. Shinoo mentioned the brackets, and they match the 2. Thanks for the idea.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts