The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the install done and the car runs great! I couldnt imagine going back to the stock power. The car now drives like it looks.

I had a few hiccups when installing the kit, but Phil, and Kris were a great help. They both know their stuff, and were very quick with responses both in email, and phone calls. A big thanks to both of them!

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
So what you're sayin is that we now have THREE BOE TVS supercharged Elises in a 60 mile radius? ;)

Welcome to the club dude! :up:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How long did the installation take?
I spent about 3 weeks (mainly doing the work on weekends) doing the install, but i also swapped out the clutch, and installed the BOE surge tank, and tilting clam. Overall i thought the supercharger was a fairly easy install. I actually had the hardest time doing the clutch.

Congrats,
Are you running stock clutch?
No, i went with the ACT XTSS setup. I'm very happy with it. Has good grip, but not going to give you nightmares about heavy traffic driving.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
No, i went with the ACT XTSS setup. I'm very happy with it. Has good grip, but not going to give you nightmares about heavy traffic driving.
I love my XTSS - It feels much more substantial but it gives Phil fits when he drives my car ;)

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
rotflrotfl

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i've not heard of anyone running a tvs with anything other than EFI, although i'm sure it's possible for someone to develop an alternative tuning solution if they feel it's worth the effort...

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
I can say for certain I was grinning ear to ear with mine this weekend at PCA:D I was running mid 1:40s on R888s. Next track day is a week from wednesday and the wait is killing me!:shift:

Edit: as a point of reference, here are the SCCA Run Off winning times from last year with classes in a similar time that I was running:

Touring 1 – Chevrolet Corvette C6, 1:40.218

E Production – Nissan 240Z, 1:42.754

Touring 2 – Pontiac Solstice GXP, 1:44.857

F Production – Triumph Spitfire, 1:45.263

A Sedan – Pontiac Firebird, 1:45.508

GT-Lite – Honda CRX, 1:45.560

Formula Vee – Vortech FV, 1:47.055

Spec Racer Ford – Spec Racer Ford, 1:47.754

H Production – Triumph Spitfire, 1:49.087

Touring 3 – Honda S2000, 1:49.589

Spec Miata – Mazda Miata, 1:51.503

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
DarkSol & Southpaw (& anyone else who has installed one)--

How's the pedal effort for the Act XTSS? Is the travel affected?

Thanks,

Joe

·
purveyor of lightness
4,230 Posts
Travel is not affected.

Pedal effort is about twice as hard... about the same as the gas pedal.

You get used to it pretty quickly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Southpaw,
Did you change the stock wheels and tires? If so, what did you put on?
I'm still running the stock wheel and tire combo. I do plan on changing the setup once the tread is gone on the tires though. I'm not real sure on what i will be going with however.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Phil has my car right now doing the TVS, surge tank, and clamhinge. I can't wait to get my car back on the track. I had the fastest time of the day at the last FTL at MAM track day and this time the Corvettes won't be blowing off my doors on the main straight.

I am going with the ACT HDSS and a lightweight flywheel.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts