The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I spent about 45 min searching the forums and I wasn't able to come back with a concise before/after review of the bollock.

All I could tell is that the people who did it for the most part liked it, but others thought it was too big.

I am going to be doing the enforcer this weekend and want to know if the bollock is really worth it or if the stock shift knob holds up just fine.

Basically, for those of you who bought it, if you had to do it all over again, would you cough up the $75+shipping for it?

Thanks in advance. Want to make my decision by tomorrow so I can get it shipped out to me by this weekend for the install.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that a common problem? What year car do you have?

If it fits on my 06 I might take it off your hands...plus we live close by.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I have the earlier version of the Bollock, the SumoBall. I presume they are similar - two to three times the weight of stock shiftknob and bigger around. Personally, I think the heavier ball makes the shift feel significantly better and gives more "positive" engagement. I have an Audi S4 with a titanium shift knob that was way more than $75. Everyone laughed and said it wasn't worth it, but every person who drove my car commented on how different (good) the shifting felt. QC issues notwithstanding, I say go for it.

I've done my own $1.25 version of the "Reinforcer" which made a nice difference.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
is that a common problem? What year car do you have?

If it fits on my 06 I might take it off your hands...plus we live close by.

I have an '06. If you wanna try it, just let me know, but I tried it on a different shifter and it didn't fit that one either.

If you buy your Bollock and don't like it, let me know. I'll take it from you. Better than getting this one machined to fit...

·
Registered
7,088 Posts
Personally, I've always liked my bollock(s).
Seriously, the Sector 111 shift knob is a worthwhile addition imho. Of course it can always be added later as a two minute mod. Anything which can help shifting is useful to me. Maybe I should go out and practice....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
There were 3 (maybe more?) different shaft designs over the years so you really need to check if it fits your particular lever first.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tim - Are you referring to the Sands museum mod? If not, do you have a link to your $1.25 "enforcer" mod before I go out and spend $45?

As for everyone else, I think I will give the Bollock a shot. Do you know what the return policy is like at Sector 111?

I could always drive the car down to Rye or meet you some where to try it...

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Tim - Are you referring to the Sands museum mod? If not, do you have a link to your $1.25 "enforcer" mod before I go out and spend $45?

As for everyone else, I think I will give the Bollock a shot. Do you know what the return policy is like at Sector 111?

I could always drive the car down to Rye or meet you some where to try it...

Shoot me a PM where you are located.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts