The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What length bolt is needed to go through the floor of the chasis to mount the sub strap clips?

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
antisub straps or the lap belts?

there's nothing structural in the area you'd want to mount the antisub straps. at least not mithout fabbing up some backer plates.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Bolting the sub straps through the floor pan under the seat is a REALLY bad idea. The floor pan is just thin sheet aluminum and will tear out. Even if you put a reinforcing piece below it, there is a good chance the floor will still buckle under the loads during an accident. It would be better to either go 4-point ASM or get a harness/seat setup that allows you to run the sub belts back to the lap belt mounting locations like the Lotus Sport setup. If you are running stock seats, you can look at the sub strap bar from S111, but I consider that as somewhere between a proper set up and the floor pan idea.

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Bolting the sub straps through the floor pan under the seat is a REALLY bad idea. The floor pan is just thin sheet aluminum and will tear out. Even if you put a reinforcing piece below it, there is a good chance the floor will still buckle under the loads during an accident. It would be better to either go 4-point ASM or get a harness/seat setup that allows you to run the sub belts back to the lap belt mounting locations like the Lotus Sport setup. If you are running stock seats, you can look at the sub strap bar from S111, but I consider that as somewhere between a proper set up and the floor pan idea.
there was at least one through-the-floor anti-sub install which employed a massive backer plate, through which, even the lap belts were mounted. it spanned the entire area between the frame rails. i can't remember who it was, but it certainly was impressive.

personally, i think the titanium dave bar is a pretty sweet piece.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, I was planning on a backer plate like the S111 Sys system but I've been convince to go the under seat bar way.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
personally, i think the titanium dave bar is a pretty sweet piece.
I couldn't remember who made that much beefier piece. If I was to do it over again, I would get the Exige seats plus Dave's bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts