The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I have two spare Elise seats here. I don't want to sell them, don't know why, just don't.
But while they are sitting here I thought I would build a pair of racing consoles to play the new F1 2020 game. I have the steering wheels and such.
A while back I bought a set of seat tracks to mess around with my Elise Sport 190 so I also have those.
What I don't have are the bolts to mount the sides of the seats to the seat tracks.
Does anyone know the bolt size. whether metric or standard, and length? of the 4 bolts that bolt the standard Elise seat to the seat tracks?

Thanks

Tony V

·
Registered
110 Posts
M8 x 12 button head

All the seat bolts and nuts are M8 except the seat belt.
Seat belt bolts are 7/16.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no need for the seat rail bolts that go into the floor as I am not mounting it in a car. I know that those are metric as I use an M6 allen wrench to screw them down.
The side bolts are what I need. There are two sizes on the side of the seats. They are different. Is one of those 7/16 and if so, what is the other?

Then there is the threaded bolt under the seat that bolts to the seat track. I just found a nut that fits that, looking for another in my box of nuts.

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont see any diagram. I found some here but they are too long. The smaller ones for the upper bolt will be easy to find I think. The larger ones, they seem to be usual size for fitting seat belts. Fine thread, about 3/8. Is that M8? seems bigger than that. If I cant find them locally I will have to order them, I just dont know what to order.
seatbolts.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
That's odd, the link goes straight to DeRoure's site with the seats and then has the bolt sizes in there. Hopefully you can see this image:

As mentioned, I think you are referring to 7, 8, and 9 above:

Is that what you are after?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts