The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't seem to find any nice blow-ups of how the lap belts of the Schroth harness attach to the stock mount points while keeping the stock seatbelts attached so I thought I would post mine indicating where the seatbelt and harness eyebolts go. The top set of bolts is for the inboard side.

Instead of replacing the stock bolts and spacers, I decided to find a machine shop to grind down the existing parts. I took a 1/4" off the outboard spacer and then took an 1/8" off each side of the inboard spacer/spring retainer. They also re-beveled one end of the end of the spacer so that it mates nicely with the stock bolt. I took an 1/8" off each side so that there would still be adequate space between the stock belt and the harness in order to swivel one or the other out of the way. Cost me $20 because I had them do it while I waited.

Doing it this way allowed me to install the harness, keep the stock belts and not have to worry about the tight clearance - especially by the console. The only additional thing I had to modify was cutting one loop off the spring so that the seatbelt fasteners still swivel & pivot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts