The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I was just wondering, wouldn't it be great if the world introduction for the next generation Esprit would be in an upcomming James Bond movie? Just imagine, 007 in a white next gen Esprit . I think Lotus should do this. It is a no-brainer. What are your opinions on this?

Cheers,
Andy

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Hello All,

I was just wondering, wouldn't it be great if the world introduction for the next generation Esprit would be in an upcomming James Bond movie? Just imagine, 007 in a white next gen Esprit . I think Lotus should do this. It is a no-brainer. What are your opinions on this?

Cheers,
Andy
My magic 8 ball says it will never happen :wave:

The Ford Motor Company paid 14 million pounds (almost $25M USD) to put Bond behind the wheel of it’s Ford Mondeo.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ford paid $40 million to the studios to get the Aston Martin Vanquish featured in the Bond film. That's more money than Aston Martin pulls in on an annual revenue basis. The idea was to put forward the marque, with the Ford brand tagged behind it (while under its ownership).

I don't think Lotus or its owner(s) have that deep of pockets.

It all really comes down to business, not what we want to see.

:-(

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Yes, too bad Bond doesn't rotate between English sports cars because that fits better in the movie, instead he drives whoever paid the most :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts