The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The strut for the bonnet had weakened to the point it would no longer hold open. I replaced it today with a Mighty Lift D95774 from Autozone. It's an exact fit, and it's only 15 bucks.

Just sharing another cross-reference for folks who need it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yeah...I'd actually planned to put it there, but searching the forum for "Cross Reference" returned 7 pages of results (162 threads!) but that thread wasn't one of them. I figured it'd be more helpful to have the relevent information in the title so those looking for the bonnet strut can find it.

I think you're correct, however, that that's where it belongs...maybe a forum moderator/administrator can make that thread a sticky so it's more accessible.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The search engine for this forum is horrible...even with "Lotus Esprit Cross Reference" as stated above, the thread didn't appear until Page 5 (results 101-125 of 776). Anyway, I found it and posted there...also sent to Doc.

·
Registered
182 Posts
OK, I added it to my cross reference list.

Speaking of which, I kinda would like to pass my cross reference maintenance on to someone else. Anyone want to be Keeper of The List? After the Fire Incident, I'm kinda done with Esprits.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Better to use a google search to find things here. Most forums have stinky searches.

1998 Lotus Esprit V8

·
Registered
744 Posts
OK, I added it to my cross reference list.

Speaking of which, I kinda would like to pass my cross reference maintenance on to someone else. Anyone want to be Keeper of The List? After the Fire Incident, I'm kinda done with Esprits.[/QUOTE]

Dr. Hess, I hate to lose the cross reference you compiled through out the years. It will help some of us who owned 4 cyl/8cyl Esprit.
There is a LOTUS ESPRIT CROSS REFERENCE I posted here which was also copied in many different forums. Why not post all your parts in the same thread, we will continue adding part to the cross reference.

Thank you for your effort

1 - 10 of 10 Posts