·
Registered
3,684 Posts
not yet. i am currently reading Lotus Elise the complete story

·
Registered
803 Posts
bibliography

There are a lot of books out there that will give you a history of Lotus and how they ended up developing the Elise.

Clements, Alastair. Elise, Rebirth of the True Lotus . Summerset UK: Haynes, 2003.

Tippler, John. Lotus Elise, The Complete Story . Wiltshire UK: Crowood, 1999.

Walton, Jeremy. Lotus Elise, The Official Story . London: Coterie, 2002.

I think the Complete Story has been released with an update for the recent Elise developments. However it is the same book as before with a chapter or two added. (I do not have it yet but will get it as I am obsessed...)

I like Rebirth best. I has more detailed comments, and it contains a fair number of color pictures. It has some specs for the 111S but most of the book is about the Mk 1.

The Complete Story is is mostly black and white pictures, has a bunch of technical information and some assembly pictures, and a lot of details.

The Official Story was a disappointment. The guy lived with the development team and had full access. Mostly all you get is a coffee table book with big pictures. He should have had more information and could have told stories. Worse, he took forever to get the book published making me wonder if he really did all that he said he did.

Perhaps we should provide real reviews instead of these short statements.

Finally, I still highly recommend the Discover Channel video, Elise: The Inside Story, on the making of the Elise. It contains most of the interesting information and you get a real sense of the team and how they designed and built the car.

Michael

[email protected]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Didn't realize there was a Discovery Channel show about the Elise. They are starting to pick up the slack where Speed Channel left off. They just had a dedicated Grand National show and a few other good ones.

I'm assuming none of these books mention the Elise coming to the US. That to me is a major part of the story. The uphill battle and how it finally turned out and is currently unfolding.

Maybe Arnie can start writing. ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
Re: bibliography

sandsmuseum said:
There are a lot of books out there that will give you a history of Lotus and how they ended up developing the Elise.

Clements, Alastair. Elise, Rebirth of the True Lotus . Summerset UK: Haynes, 2003.

Tippler, John. Lotus Elise, The Complete Story . Wiltshire UK: Crowood, 1999.

Walton, Jeremy. Lotus Elise, The Official Story . London: Coterie, 2002.

I think the Complete Story has been released with an update for the recent Elise developments. However it is the same book as before with a chapter or two added. (I do not have it yet but will get it as I am obsessed...)

I like Rebirth best. I has more detailed comments, and it contains a fair number of color pictures. It has some specs for the 111S but most of the book is about the Mk 1.

The Complete Story is is mostly black and white pictures, has a bunch of technical information and some assembly pictures, and a lot of details.

The Official Story was a disappointment. The guy lived with the development team and had full access. Mostly all you get is a coffee table book with big pictures. He should have had more information and could have told stories. Worse, he took forever to get the book published making me wonder if he really did all that he said he did.

Perhaps we should provide real reviews instead of these short statements.

Finally, I still highly recommend the Discover Channel video, Elise: The Inside Story, on the making of the Elise. It contains most of the interesting information and you get a real sense of the team and how they designed and built the car.

Michael

[email protected]

michael, where can you buy this video????

·
Registered
970 Posts
Re: Re: Re: bibliography

wallabyguy said:
Ummmmm see my last post.
in PAL format as its UK video...wont play here...would need to convert from video to DVD somehow...can be done but a PITA

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: bibliography

mact3333 said:
in PAL format as its UK video...wont play here...would need to convert from video to DVD somehow...can be done but a PITA
That site also offers it in NTSC but they are in Germany and their site is right out of 1995 :rolleyes: there must be a better site that we can purchase that video from:)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: bibliography

Patricko said:
That site also offers it in NTSC but they are in Germany and their site is right out of 1995 :rolleyes: there must be a better site that we can purchase that video from:)
That's where I got my copy, Patrick. I don't know of another place to get it.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Patrick, please clear out your PM area a bit, if you would. I wanted to send you something. Thanks !

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
LITEW8CRAZY said:
Has anyone seen or heard of this video? They didn't have a spot to buy it on their website.

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/information/press/press/press2004/evproductions.html
Well. using Yahoo! I've located this Link to EV Productions, which has a video clip ! Some nice footage with Roger Becker at the wheel ! Worth pursuing further IMO....

http://www.easternvideo.co.uk/production/index.html

If somebody gets a hold of the DVD, please post details. TIA.

·
Registered
314 Posts
mikester said:
Well. using Yahoo! I've located this Link to EV Productions, which has a video clip ! Some nice footage with Roger Becker at the wheel ! Worth pursuing further IMO....

http://www.easternvideo.co.uk/production/index.html

If somebody gets a hold of the DVD, please post details. TIA.
Holy Crap! That looks like an incredible video. Just the 60-second clip was fantastic!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I emailed Sand Museum asking them for information. I'll post it when I get a response.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am not a retail outlet. I am an enthusiast site that focuses on the
Lotus Elise. I have nothing for sale.

I am not certain about the status of the video you seek. It was
created with Lotus' cooperation by a marketing firm. I keep suggesting
that Lotus produce it or at least let the marketing firm sell it.
Neither has happened yet.

Your note will provoke another response from me to Lotus Marketing.
Hopefully this time Lotus will respond and make the video available on
their webstore.

Sorry I could not help,

Michael

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
LITEW8CRAZY said:
I emailed Sand Museum asking them for information. I'll post it when I get a response.
If you look about 10 posts up this thread you will see that Michael Sands posted, he is the person that you e-mailed...:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Patricko,

Yes, I got a response directly from Michael also and posted it. I just wanted to see if he had access to the video because it's not listed for sale on Discover Channel website. I emailed Discover Channel to find out if it's going to be out on DVD. I encourage everyone to contact Discover Channel and inquire about the video. If they get a large enough response, maybe they'll sell it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts