Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put a fresh one on last night.

Ron

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
let them know there is a TSB for the car cutting out with A/C on. it is a replacement of the fan control module.

·
Registered
76 Posts
make sure you write down your mileage and check everything over before you leave. i assume you have looked up Rothrock on this site.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
They don't all do that. Mine did. Turns out it was a bent seat rail and the assemblers at the factory cross-threaded, and only partially snugged up, a bolt that attaches the seat to the rail due to it not lining up properly (because of the bent seat rail, DUH!)

All fixed under warranty. The seat is as firmly attached as any now.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thus far it has been a universally positive experience. Shawn [sic?] (tech) and Frank (the service writer) were very nice.

The AC seems to have been fixed with the fan control module and the speaker grills were replaced. New headlight covers and seat tracks ordered and the rest of my niggles were handled. I am getting a new cluster and they are looking into whether lotus will pay to have the miles set properly. I am going back in two weeks or so when the rest of the parts arrive.

Ron

PS they even washed it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update:

Everything is A ok with the old girl now.

She got:

New headlight covers
New D/S seat rail
New AC relay
New speaker grills
A few plastic plugs to secure the mud flap (was charged for labor and parts on this to the tune of $40 or so for six plugs but I noticed a couple missing and only saw a couple new ones which I thought was BS as it should be warranty, but whatever, no biggy, I probably was missing some elsewhere)
A new fuse box cover (my fault, I lost it, $20)

The flickering shift light at idle. Ah, that was the real trick. Shawn replaced the cluster, picked it up with the new cluster (with 0.0 miles) and it still did it. Called said to save the old one, must be something else and did not want to have 0 miles. Come back in a week later after not driving the car (hard for me to get over there to drop it off). In the interim, the optima won't start the car if it sits for more than a day. Ugh. Shawn tightens the grounds and I come to pick it up. They sent the old cluster back. Come to pick it up again and the new cluster speedo does not work and tach reads zero at idle (Shawn drove it 12.6 miles without issue--I must be bad luck). Shawn tries to get old cluster back. While there we notice that the key is not fully shutting off the car which may have been the whole problem all along, or not, its british right. Anyway, week later pick it up with its second new cluster and a new lockset and everything is fine. Old cluster made it all the way back to the manufacturer (who if you are reading this and have an 06 cluster with 19991 miles on it PM me).

Took a month plus on and off, but it was done and done right which is what I ask.

Thank you to for Shawn for pushing through and solving the issue rather than telling me I am imagining things.

Ron

PS there is a side story about me trying to get my odometer wound up to the correct miles, but it turns out the latest clusters cannot be hacked like the originals. Palo alto speedo is the place that used to be able to do them and may again in the future.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Update:

Everything is A ok with the old girl now.

She got:

New headlight covers
New D/S seat rail
New AC relay
New speaker grills
A few plastic plugs to secure the mud flap (was charged for labor and parts on this to the tune of $40 or so for six plugs but I noticed a couple missing and only saw a couple new ones which I thought was BS as it should be warranty, but whatever, no biggy, I probably was missing some elsewhere)
A new fuse box cover (my fault, I lost it, $20)

The flickering shift light at idle. Ah, that was the real trick. Shawn replaced the cluster, picked it up with the new cluster (with 0.0 miles) and it still did it. Called said to save the old one, must be something else and did not want to have 0 miles. Come back in a week later after not driving the car (hard for me to get over there to drop it off). In the interim, the optima won't start the car if it sits for more than a day. Ugh. Shawn tightens the grounds and I come to pick it up. They sent the old cluster back. Come to pick it up again and the new cluster speedo does not work and tach reads zero at idle (Shawn drove it 12.6 miles without issue--I must be bad luck). Shawn tries to get old cluster back. While there we notice that the key is not fully shutting off the car which may have been the whole problem all along, or not, its british right. Anyway, week later pick it up with its second new cluster and a new lockset and everything is fine. Old cluster made it all the way back to the manufacturer (who if you are reading this and have an 06 cluster with 19991 miles on it PM me).

Took a month plus on and off, but it was done and done right which is what I ask.

Thank you to for Shawn for pushing through and solving the issue rather than telling me I am imagining things.

Ron

PS there is a side story about me trying to get my odometer wound up to the correct miles, but it turns out the latest clusters cannot be hacked like the originals. Palo alto speedo is the place that used to be able to do them and may again in the future.
This is good to know!

I just talked to Pete.

Dropping mine off tomorrow night...just bought it from a guy in Michigan...needs PA inspection and I would like them to just check everything over - the car is super clean, only 3200 miles on it (700 of which is me...in 5 days of driving).

The only issue I see is slight moisture in the headlight caps. Other than that, the car is a friggin dream!

Little nervous, but I think it's just cause I am still obsessed with the car!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The service at Rothrock is great!! Shawn is the man! I dont know how many times I have to say......the culture has changed at Rothrock. Lotus is a very inportant part or our buisness. I wish more people would believe in the sales and service we provide...Try us your going to be very satisfied!

·
Registered
571 Posts
The service at Rothrock is great!! Shawn is the man! I dont know how many times I have to say......the culture has changed at Rothrock. Lotus is a very inportant part or our buisness. I wish more people would believe in the sales and service we provide...Try us your going to be very satisfied!
I gave full marks on the phone to the survey lady! Awesome stuff!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Oil change, break light replacement (warranty), removal of sun visors...in and out, great communication!

Thanks Bassam!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts