The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished replacing the oil pressure sender and rebuilding the charge cooler pump. It runs great, bleed out the cooling systems (’93 SE) but the boost gauge doesn’t work. Does anyone have a vacuum hose routing diagram or a link to one? There has got to be a sensor somewhere I didn’t connect. Thanks

·
Registered
861 Posts
The boost (vacuum) line runs from the engine to the sending unit. The gauge to the sender is electric. This should make your job pretty easy to track down. I think the sender is behind the right cover panel in the engine compartment...... In the general vicinity of the ecu..... I think.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The rubber boost line runs from the engine plenum to the sender - the sender is located on the right above the fuel tank compartment where the ECU is located. On some cars they are attached to the plywood "floor" above the tank on some cars they are attached to the fiberglass above the wheel arch. The sender is a big unit with the rubber boost line coming into it from the plenum and the electrical connection exiting it and running forward into the cabin and binnacle. If you identify the rubber line on the back of the plenum which runs to the right (the stock line is black with a white stripe on it) and disappears into the ECU compartment, You can't miss it.... The black arrow in the picture points to where the boost line comes out of the plenum. This is the stock location. It is possible that a PO could move it to accommodate a blow-off valve, but it will still be on the plenum.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
590 Posts

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
ummm... yep, that appears to do a bit more than the kit I referenced... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I ordered a set. Looking fwd to installing!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts