The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and to my surprise found no information in regards to this.
On both my Supra and Evo I have occasionally performed a boost leak test of the charge system. Has anyone got an easy method for doing this on the SC Exige?
Here is a COBB tuning article in regards to performing this test on an Evo http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3481

Seems like you could pull the hose off the intake box and plug it with a PVC elbow, tube, and cap with a schrader valve or male coupling, and charge the system with an air compressor (under 10psi) in order to find the leaks.
Does the design of the roots type SC not allow this procedure?
Reason why I ask is that a friend has an SC Exige and he has a stalling problem. My first instinct tells me that there is an intake leak and un metered air is either entering or leaving the system.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
If your friend's Exige is stalling at idle you just need to check the manifold vacuum. There's no boost at idle. I guess you could pressurize the system to find leaks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly. Well said. Vacuum leak is what you need to check. If it is a matter of stalling.
So your suggestion is to put the whole intake system under vacuum to find the leak? lol Wouldnt it be easier to pressurize the system to find the leak given most available garage equipment?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts