The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boot lid release was always spotty and progressively got worse, finally not working at all. You could hear the solinoid click but no amount of persuasion could open the boot. The manual boot release beneath the rerar seat / shelf is a joke and very difficult to operate even w/ someone pushing / pulling on the boot lid. I had repeatedly adjusted the latch thinking the pressure was too little / too much. Finally took the plastic cover off and found the solinoid works fine, but the wire pull / lock bolt was loose. I adjusted / tightened the bolt as shown in the pict and it works GREAT! :clap:

Cheers!

Steve
St. Louis
'06 Exige Solar Yellow
'11 Evora 2+0 Ardent Red

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Super helpful and the annotated pic is great as well. Mine has a comparable issue. So, I will be trying your fix.

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good Point...

...It took a while to adjust everything including the rubber bumpers to get it right. Until the bumpers were adjusted the boot rattled so much it wore the paint in a couple spots.

I had a problem w/ a constant drain on the battery too which locked me out of the boot many times. Finally fixed that too and will post as soon as I take a picture.

Cheers!

Steve
St. Louis
'06 Exige Solar Yellow
'11 Evora 2+0 Ardent Red

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check also that the washer on the door lock mechanism witch is held by a retainer becomes loose. If that happens, the boot lit can't be opened any more, not even with the manual handle release!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Check also that the washer on the door lock mechanism witch is held by a retainer becomes loose. If that happens, the boot lit can't be opened any more, not even with the manual handle release!
let's suppose that happens.. how the heck would you be able to open up the boot? I think there's got to be a last-ditch method for opening the hatch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts