The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was just thinking the other day that my '94 S4, while I had it, had a cubic piece of carpet that covered the battery assembly, velcroed down on two edges to the rest of the trunk carpeting.

After nearly 6 years of owning my '03 V8, I just realized that I was missing that piece. Question is...did the late model V8s *ever* come with that little piece of carpeting?

My OCD kicking in.

Someone...anyone...Beuller?

:)

Happy holidays to you all!

-Will

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're correct.

Actually my mistake...That little piece of velcroed carpet went on the *overflow bottle* and not on the battery in my S4 (in the boot...on the opposite side of the battery). Yes, I had a plastic battery cover, with a
rubber / hook tie-strap that held on a tool box on my S4, and I have the exact
same setup on my V8 now. Hmmm, so are there *two* overflow bottles in the V8? One in the driver's side of the boot, and one in the passenger's side rear wheel well? I never really checked. If there's only the overflow bottle in the wheel well, then that would explain why there is no small piece of velcroed carpeting in my V8 boot...

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The V-8's have a plastic cover over the top of the battery. No tool kit by the battery, it's by the spare tire. The header bottle by the motor is to be kept full. The overflow bottle in the R/R tire well is meant to fluctuate. Keep it above the cold mark when the motor is cold. The hose from the header bottle to the overflow bottle can get plugged up so check it. Fill with 50/50 soft water and anti-freeze. I take the hose off under the pressure cap and use a funnel to fill the overflow bottle. The low coolant level sender can also get stuck from dirt in the header bottle. It should be checked and cleaned if necessary.
David Teitelbaum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts