The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After trying unsuccessfully to acquire a "Bootie" trunk bag I bit the bullet and ordered a bag off Amazon for twenty bucks. It's 10 x 14 x 31.5 inches with two dividers

My wife had to alter it slightly, cutting an inch off the edge closest to the engine (right below the rubber seal) and cut the rigid floor where the "exhaust hump" is. She also added a couple of strips of Velcro on the engine side to keep it flush The soft top fits behind the trunk organizer and can still be removed with the oranizer installed
I think it's a winner for $20 and an hour of work!

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd been thinking I'd research and adapt a product of this type, so thanks for doing it for me! Just ordered this one.

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
28 Posts
I uses these to make my own organizers from various size cardboard boxes

The velcro hooks hold very well to the carpet, just make sure you set them nicely in there.
Made a section specifically for the soft top and support rods

·
Registered
86 Posts
I uses these to make my own organizers from various size cardboard boxes

The velcro hooks hold very well to the carpet, just make sure you set them nicely in there.
Made a section specifically for the soft top and support rods
Cool, thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
first off, nice work. It looks great, and useful.

two minor things:
1- are you losing the space under the clam in the rear?
2- The one benefit of the boottie is the padded sides which offer some amount of protection from whatever is flying around your trunk.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks
1) The soft top actually fits behind it
2) It butts up to the battery and ends a few inches from the right side of the clam. I tested it out with 4 six packs...all good!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered one when this was first posted and finally got around to fitting it. Perfect in my 2006 Elise; didn't have to mod anything. It fills the boot very nicely with the soft top between it and the engine. There's very little lost gross space, and net space seems like a huge win for most situations. It also collapses down to almost nothing if you need the original space for some reason. Thanks for sharing this!

·
Dreaming of Lotus
2005 Elise Sport Touring
71 Posts

Ya okay this it is great. Fits the softop and much more while leaving enough room to still reach my battery switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts