The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're a pretty small owner's group, so lets keep track as best we can. Please include your location and any other unique features.

Here's GR82DRV (old guy behind the mirror) from North Central Wisconsin:

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
BR / Biscuit was my first choice......classy !!

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
WOW - my kind of car....i looked for a year to find mine...going in April out to Phil's (BOE) for drivetrain upgrades (TVS REV400) , big clutch to handle the power toe links, BOE Silent Touch exhaust) tilting clam, and active mouse control.A real early 2004 build, s/n 0134. Love the car, killing me its in for the winter (-10 below this AM, salt on the roads, frost heaves taller than olympic diving platforms....you get the idea) Wer'e located mid upper New Hampshire, by the Mount Washington Valley,in the White Mountains. Great driving around here, but alot of tourist traffic to avoid.
Any ideas how many BRP's there were made? I'm guessing 200-300 total Federals.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Danville, Ca. In the San Francisco east bay area. Biscuit interior, too.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more shot with the hard top on. (Don't know who the dude is behind the car...) Cars and Coffee, Lake Mills, WI

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Danville, Ca. In the San Francisco east bay area.
Took a round-trip drive about the east bay in 2009. We were in our TR4 as part of the support for the Triumph TransAmeriCan Charity Drive. We left The Mothership in the car park down the hill from the Blackhawk Museum. You are lucky to have such a fine assemblage of classic cars in your town.

Change in sports-car lineup since then: Sold the TR4, Miata and the Super Seven, bought the Stag from the Charity Tour and the BRP Elise.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is this different from canyon red? (serious question)
Canyon red seems to have a little more orange metal flake, where the BRP has more maroon tone. I really like canyon too.

BRP needs full sunlight to really pop.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Reproduction on the web is not perfect, so I understand the confusion.

BRP is the Lotus take on what most folks in the USA would call "burgundy". It is not quite maroon, but it is heading there.

I had a Saturn SL2 in "dark red". I now have a Saturn Ion in "berry red" and a Suburban in "sport red". BRP is essentially the same but the Lotus take on it is the best of the lot; sparkly metallic pearlish in the sun and incredibly deep and rich in twilight.

If someone has a photo of BRP and Canyon Red cars in the same picture, it would help.

There are several old discussions, like
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/bordeaux-red-vs-canyon-red-34855/
but I don't see any pix with both cars in.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm the second owner. I had it in Tahoe for 3.5 years and and now I've had it in Orinda in East Bay for two years. Love the color. If I was in my 20's I would have gotten yellow but at this stage in my life this seemed the more appropriate choice.

Attachments

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
One more shot with the hard top on. (Don't know who the dude is behind the car...) Cars and Coffee, Lake Mills, WI
the stripes are beautiful in that color.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
they actually are very different, the brp is darker and deeper imo. You really need to see them in person. But I can uderstand people not seeing the difference because BRP can look a little "brighter" in pics than it really is, more like canyon.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Another BRP Pic :bow:
My son, the hot shoe! Robert volunteers to burn out the cob webs from time to time... Look for him to own an Exige within the next year!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts