The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Let's get Certificates of Provenance. I will enquire after Sir Graham is back on the 7th.

·
Registered
607 Posts
The following is based on serial number sequence for the USA market 2005 Elise, of which there were 3323 cars in total; Your car is the 110th out of 205 cars in Bordeaux Red, Your car is the 48th out of 96 cars in Bordeaux Red with biscuit leather trim, Your car is the 10th out of 11 cars with exactly the same colours, trims and options including searching for cars with the distributor optional star shield like I normally search, or the 12th out of 18 cars searching against the factory options only of hard top, metallic paint, sport pack and touring pack. Bordeaux Red was the 10th rarest colour out of the 16 colours available

·
Registered
607 Posts
If every State in USA had only 4 BRP Elises, that would pretty much take up all the inventory, and there are even rarer Elise colors, besides. Wow.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
If every State in USA had only 4 BRP Elises, that would pretty much take up all the inventory, and there are even rarer Elise colors, besides. Wow.
I have seen at least 4 different BRP cars in the Twin Cities. One was bought new here (BRP/biscuit), One came in from Colorado, mine was bought new in SoCal and then went to Park City UT where I bought it (BRP/black converted to BRP/biscuit by me) and the fourth I know little about.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I have seen at least 4 different BRP cars in the Twin Cities. One was bought new here (BRP/black), One came in from Colorado, mine was bought new in SoCal and then went to Park City UT where I bought it (BRP/black converted to BRP/biscuit by me) and the fourth I know little about.
Yeah, I think Biscuit goes real well with the exterior color. That's an amazing number of BRP in one geographic location, IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
I have seen at least 4 different BRP cars in the Twin Cities. One was bought new here (BRP/black), One came in from Colorado, mine was bought new in SoCal and then went to Park City UT where I bought it (BRP/black converted to BRP/biscuit by me) and the fourth I know little about.
I made a typo there. The one that was bought here was BRP/biscuit, and one of the reasons I converted. The most important reason was black leather becomes a real butt-burner in the sun.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Yeah, I think Biscuit goes real well with the exterior color. That's an amazing number of BRP in one geographic location, IMO.
Especially since Minnesota is not exactly a hotbed of Lotus cars. We have two Else and one Exige cars at local autocrosses these days, and that's about as many Lotus cars as we have ever had.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The following is based on serial number sequence for the USA market 2005 Elise, of which there were 3323 cars in total; Your car is the 110th out of 205 cars in Bordeaux Red, Your car is the 48th out of 96 cars in Bordeaux Red with biscuit leather trim, Your car is the 10th out of 11 cars with exactly the same colours, trims and options including searching for cars with the distributor optional star shield like I normally search, or the 12th out of 18 cars searching against the factory options only of hard top, metallic paint, sport pack and touring pack. Bordeaux Red was the 10th rarest colour out of the 16 colours available
Wow! Great info for us - we never knew there were only 205 produced, and if 96 of those cars were biscuit interior, that means 109 cars were black leather interior? Or is another interior available in 2005?haha...no cloth seats right?

Good info - good post.

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's a beautiful color IMO. I almost got one when I was looking for an Elise but it had the black appearance option which I didn't think looked that good with the color. Bordeaux/biscuit is a classic combo.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Wow! Great info for us - we never knew there were only 205 produced, and if 96 of those cars were biscuit interior, that means 109 cars were black leather interior? Or is another interior available in 2005?haha...no cloth seats right?
Maybe there were some without Touring Pack, so that might make black leather interior numbers less than 109.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Maybe there were some without Touring Pack, so that might make black leather interior numbers less than 109.
Mine is Sport Pack only (Black fabric seats, manual windows, no side carpets, sport suspension, LSS wheels, hard top option). I'm guessing that's the rarest of the BRPs.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
might be - still very cool to have 1 out of 209 in North America. When I was looking - it was Purple or Bordeaux for me. Ended up with the red car.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just saw the thread. Mines: sport pack, hard top and starshield.

Its # 313 (last 3 #'s of the VIN) Absolutely gorgeous on a bright sunny day. Can't believe I've had it for almost 9 years. Its a keeper.

Jim A.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
so your last 4 on the vin are 0313? Nice early car. I love the early cars. No drl's ...haha.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts