The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My life has been nuts lately. I bought my first house a two months ago. Still going through stupid paperwork. The close date is projected to be September 10th. I'm pretty excited about that. To make my life even more exciting, I put my two weeks notice in at work yesterday. I am super excited about that! Years of hard work that went completely unappreciated. I produce 200% more than any other employee in my department (I have 2 years of recorded statistics to prove it) and I have seniority over everyone (including my boss)... yet somehow, I got passed up twice for promotion and now currently am being paid the least out of 13 people. I got to the point where it just wasn't worth it anymore. If they don't appreciate my second-to-none work ethic and performance, I will just take my talent elsewhere... and by "elsewhere", I really mean, I'm going to paint for Honda here in the 'burbs. I have decided that I can't sit in an office anymore... it's just not for me. I gotta be active building/painting something.

Anyway, I just got done painting my friend's dad's Porsche...

It's 10:20pm and I'm pulling the Porsche out only to pull in a Nissan Maxima that had a ladder dropped on it. Needless to say, I will be up very late tonight fixing cars for friends. I can't complain though... the money is good.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that is one fugly car! The paint looks nice but the body lines (if you want to call it that)... YUK!
It's a '99 Turbo. I thought it'd be fun to drive... quite disappointed. It doesn't even feel like it has a turbo. I took it around the block and kept waiting for it to go fast. I feel bad for the people that buy a base model. That has to be the most underwhelming experience ever. I think it looks ok. The body kit is actually good quality and it looks better in person.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Hey man good for you. I know how you feel and have been there myself. Sometimes life throws you lemons u gotta make lemonade.

Do what you love and go where people show their appreciation and respect for good work. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts