The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Glutton For Punishment
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find it in the wiring diagram or anywhere else. Was thinking it should not plug into anything, but perhaps this is my problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
We think alike, it must go to nothing. I have the same. It looks like a serious connector, and when I had an engine miss in the past I was thinking "what did the previous owner remove now" LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
You're good. This is an 'open' connector that does not plug into anything on the Esprit. Brian Angus once told me what it was... but I totally forget on this Friday night... :facepalm

Anyway, nothing. Just tuck it in and forget it.

Cameron

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
It's for the optional passenger ejection seat control. Uses the Engine Overspeed Module (just behind it in the pic) to assure you are going fast enough to throw the body clear!

:D

No, seriously, that plug doesn't connect to anything in the real life of a North American Esprit...my car has one as well. I speculate that it is used in carb'ed, ROW cars.

+++++++++++++

Another quirk that might keep you awake at night: the smaller, non-connected plug on the forward side of the engine wall.

In the pic attached, you can see it just below the TPS (two-wire white & green):

PS: Don't ask about the wooden stick in that picture. :rolleyes: That's for whacking my wrist when I assemble something incorrectly. :thwack:

Attachments

·
Glutton For Punishment
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.

There is also the black bosch fuel injector style connector next to the charcoal canister I have not found a location for, and the two wires next to the high temp switch on the aluminum coolant tube that are open for the euro purge pump.

My Lambda system is still not working correctly, although now it is at least working. Car has gone from too lean to too rich.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,318 Posts
There is also the black bosch fuel injector style connector next to the charcoal canister I have not found a location for, and the two wires next to the high temp switch on the aluminum coolant tube that are open for the euro purge pump.
I don't see anything that looks like a square black Bosch connector from my "before" pics (attached) of the charcoal canister area. You don't mean, in the engine bay side, do you?

The connectors for the third Otter switch (used on carb'ed cars) on the aluminum J pipe were present on my car, and taped out of harm's reach by the factory.

Attachments

·
Glutton For Punishment
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This guy right here. It is attached about a foot back from this connector and has about two feet of length. Can't find anything to plug it into.

Attachments

·
Glutton For Punishment
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wire colors are orange/pink and black. According to sheet 7 wiring diagram this is for the differential pressure valve, which I am pretty sure our cars don't have.

The ECU PIN number is 11 which doesn't show up on any of the other ecu pin out diagrams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts