The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many are out there? NE1 have experience with the NELLI club?

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'm here.

But who is (what is?) NELLI? New England Lotus [something] [something]?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close, New England Lotus Lovers Inc. They are on the web if you Google. They are the local Lotus club. I checked out their website, not alot of activity. I hope the Elise stirs things up a bit. I have a modified A4 btw. I've been very happy with the Boston Audi Group.

·
Registered
36 Posts
More Bostonians

My father and I are in both the Quattro club and NELLI. The NELLI group is a small but fun group. It would be nice to show up at the larz Anderson auto show in the new elise; not run by NELLI but probably the largest event. My father is hopeing to be arriving in his elise and I hope to be driving his europa that I have working on on and off for the past few years. Hope to see you all there.
Just wondering if you guys have heard anything from Lotus Motorsports regarding ordering. We'll be in the second batch but have yet to hear any word. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Eyelise said:
Just wondering how many are out there? NE1 have experience with the NELLI club?
Count me in as well....The list was in the high 50s at AM dealership when I asked last week so there should be others as well -- though perhaps not on this board.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm #1 on the list and placed an order for a Saffron LSS. Pat sent me the official contract last week. He is great to deal with and spent a lot of time with me when I went in a couple of weeks ago. I've been waiting for 2 yrs for this car, it almost doesn't feel like it is happening. He told me June for the delivery date. I think I'll pick up a Vanquish in the mean time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What color combo?

Am curious for folks in the New England area:
What color combo?
What options?
Where are you on the list?
Have you ordered or been contacted yet?

For me:
Color - Down to Arctic Silver vs. BRP vs. Magnetic Blue
Options - touring +/- hardtop
have not yet been contacted/ordered.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Will Nelli when lotused...

Nelli sounds like a fun bunch, but at #51, it'll be a while. Bum deal! Re local dealer, Pat has been great to deal with, even for someone as far down the list, so will stay there rather than hunt around for other dealers. At this point, lookin at Titanium with Red Touring, HT, and not sure about Sport Suspension option (we have such smooth roads...) will see after test drive, I guess!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That makes six of us on the list from Boston so far. Not bad.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Seven!

I have had my Lotus Elan at the Lars Anderson show a few times.

I looked into joining NELLI about 5-6 years ago but it did not seem worth it as there was no activity at all. I checked back every once in a while and nothing seemed to change. Now the LOONY's (Lotus Owners Of New York) on the other hand, are constantly having parties and organize meets. It is a shame there was nothing like that here.

A few years back the Lotus Owners gathering took place in Worcester, that was good fun. If anyone wants, I can post the panoramic photo of the Loti

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The character of Nelli may change now that the number of Lotus owners in the area will essentially double. I've hosted a few events for the Bostin Audi Group and will likely do the same for Lotus.

·
Registered
36 Posts
NELLI

The NELLI group is on a revival over recent years. A new president is taking charge and you can expect more events than in past years. Should be fun now that we have a car. My Dad and I have been waiting for the europa to come out of restoration since we joined the NELLI group. Now with the elise he can drive his toy and I can take the old boy to larz Anderson. Should be fun. Still hoping the elise will make it to British Car day on June 27.

#13 Lotus Motorsports
Lazer Blue/Biscuit Interior
Touring/Hardtop

72' Europa
soon to be yellow but currently primer gray

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
you can expect more events than in past years
Unfortunately, it is too late for me, my Elan is now living in Arizona with my folks, driving it in Boston was very scary and no fun at all!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Unless Lotus experiences significant delays, I should have my Elise for the British car show.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hey guys, a year has gone bye since the last entry. I am new to the Lotus Ownership/experience, I bought an 87 Esprit over the winter.

I joined NELLI too. There are some Esprit Owners in the group that are interested in organizing some events. For the newer cars.

If any of you Elise Owners have ideas, lets run with it...jump start this thing. You know, I'll do one and you can do one.

I'm interested in whatever you can do.

I have planned a fun run on April 17th. to Maine. It's just over the NH line. Plus NELLI has a Kart Day coming up beginning of April. If your going, I'll see you there.

But let me know... or if you talk to Will Jan mention it to him.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Holy resurrected threads, batman!

We kicked around a Club111 karting event but it never happened. Now that there are more folks with cars, we should try again. Does anyone want to suggest a date?

And the Maine drive sounds good - I already have it on the calendar.

Jeff, are you heading down to Summit Point with COM next week, or are you holding out until the NHIS event at the end of May?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Al- I'll be at NHIS

Vintage Racing on May 22nd -Spectator.

Autocross with NHSCCA -Participating probably take the Lotus Esprit on June 12.

NELLI has a Kart day on Sunday April 3rd.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another Boston area Elise

My Elise arrived at Lotus Motorsports on 3/14. I paid for it, but I'm probably going to let them store it for another week before picking it up. Still too much crap on the roads to have any fun.

I do league racing at F1 Boston, and would be up for a Lotus meet there anytime.

I'll be autocrossing the Elise at all of the local SCCA and NESCC events, and probably a BMW event or two. First SCCA event on April 17th, I'll probably run my Mustang, because the Elise won't be broken-in by then.

Russ

1 - 20 of 22 Posts