Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the touring package radio emits a beep
once or twice a minute- very annoying.
I tried disabling rds, pky, and one other
function i don't remember the acronym for,
but to no avail.
anyone else have this problem, or know a solution?

dan w

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
That's the anti-theft mechanism just working it's little ASS off............once a thief sees it he'll leave it alone - who wants it? Works like a charm - no one has ever stolen one of these pieces of crap :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Dan,
Havent experienced that, did you remove your key card security card yet? Possible it might be to remind you it needs to be removed. don't recall anything in the manual about a beep tho.
Chris

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remove your key card security card yet?

Yeah-did that first thing
-no change.

dan w

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I think a lawsuit is in order. When we're done with them, you will OWN that radio.

Oh, wait. Never mind. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I remember having the beep when I was messing with the radio on my 250 mile drive back home from the dealer. I think it was something to do with which FM bank I selected. Try changing to FM1, 2 or 3. Also check that you don't have the auto-tuning function to be used when you are away from your area turned on. Sorry can't remember how I fixed the beep, i just messed with the radio till it stopped.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
This is the only reference to a Beep from the radio. If it's not this, could it be from somewhere else in the car? Alarm for example?

Anyway, if you see "NO PTY" when you hear the Beep, this is probably your problem.

Programme type (PTY)

Besides transmitting the station name, some FM stations also provide information on the type of programme that they are broadcasting. Your radio can receive and display this information. For example, the programme types can be:

CULTURE TRAVEL JAZZ
SPORT NEWS POP
ROCK CLASSICS

Using the PTY function, you can directly select stations of a particular programme type.

Activating PTY

To use the PTY function,
- press the TUNER button 12 in radio mode.
The radio functions menu appears in the display.
- Press the softkey 4 assigned to the “PTY” display item.

When PTY is activated, the display shows the current programme type. The programme types are displayed alongside the softkeys 4.

Cancelling PTY

To cancel the PTY function,
- Whilst the programme types are being displayed, press the softkey 4 assigned to the “OFF” display item.

Selecting a programme type and starting seek tuning The PTY menu is made up of several pages on which the known programme types are displayed. To browse through the PTY menu’s pages,

- repeatedly press the NEXT button 3 until the required programme type appears alongside one of the softkeys.
- Press the softkey 4 assigned to the required programme type.
- Move the joystick 7 up/right or down/left to start seek tuning.

The next receivable station corresponding to your selected programme type will then be tuned into. If no station is found that corresponds to the selected programme type, you will hear a beep and “NO PTY” appears briefly in the display.

The radio will then retune to the station that was received last.

Note:
If you want to switch back to the programme types display,
- briefly move the joystick 7 in any direction.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NtflBlueLiz said:
I remember having the beep when I was messing with the radio on my 250 mile drive back home from the dealer. I think it was something to do with which FM bank I selected. Try changing to FM1, 2 or 3. Also check that you don't have the auto-tuning function to be used when you are away from your area turned on. Sorry can't remember how I fixed the beep, i just messed with the radio till it stopped.
Will try the above. Thanks.

dan w

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I had/have the same damned beep, but not very often. I just turn the radio off, wait 10 seconds, and turn it back on. It's always gone then.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alarm for example?

I don't think so-still experimenting with suggested
fixes-beep gone for now-won't be sure til it stays
gone for a while. thanks miguel.
and thanks for blaupunkt address, pinmagic.

dan w]

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
To find the keycard, you have to remove the face of the radio. There's a small button at the top left -- press that. The whole faceplate comes off. Then, underneath, there's a small slot smack-dab in the center of the unit. It holds the keycard, which is just a small Smart Media-size memory card.

NOTE: DO NOT PULL IT OUT -- to release it, you PRESS IT IN, and then let go. It then pops out. (It's spring-loaded.)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Annoying Beep!!

I have the same annoying beep...didn't try the "PTY" thing yet. I'd like to listen to the "tinny", "crappy" radio but I just keep turning the radio off to avoid the continual beeping every 30-60 seconds.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, one more owner with the beep! I couldn't find anything in the manual about it, or the security card for that matter. Thanks for the help; we'll all keep trying!

Bob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts