The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
How come your not driving your new car? This was a mental picture I did not need!

I'm no longer ready for lunch though.
John

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
DaCrema said:
How come your not driving your new car? This was a mental picture I did not need!

John
Now, THAT's ironic -- Scooby Doo is disgusted at the thought of drinking out of the toilet! :D

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DaCrema said:

John
I haven't picked it up yet... I'm leaving in 5 minutes to do that. The passenger side door handle didn't work, so they had to fix that before I took the car home.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Wait a tic, aren't most potable water, retreated water?

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
People are interesting creatures. We'll pay a premium for "natural" water that's got god knows how many impurities, but the thought of drinking purified waste water turns our stomachs?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I bet everyones dog would love this water!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
transio said:
People are interesting creatures. We'll pay a premium for "natural" water that's got god knows how many impurities, but the thought of drinking purified waste water turns our stomachs?
I actually take my water from the Milli-Q ion exchange system in the lab. It's about as pure as water can get.
I just use the water to make tea and for an occasional drink. I have a coworker that used to drink it all the time. An interest problem with drinking ultra-pure water is that the ionic strength is so low that it leaches minerals from your teeth. She's since had to start drinking water from the distilled tap.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
NMRJock said:
I actually take my water from the Milli-Q ion exchange system in the lab. It's about as pure as water can get.
I just use the water to make tea and for an occasional drink. I have a coworker that used to drink it all the time. An interest problem with drinking ultra-pure water is that the ionic strength is so low that it leaches minerals from your teeth. She's since had to start drinking water from the distilled tap.
I'm curious about this.. is Milli-Q water 'more leaching' than what I can get from a home RO system? Does it leave the dissolved gasses in the water?

I ask because I thought I was doing my espresso machine a favor by plumbing it straight into the RO system. A year later, it has corrosion on all the copper parts. I've heard people say RO water is "corrosive", perhaps acidic from the carbon dioxide still disolved in it with no minerals to keep it balanced.

Where can I find out more?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ground Loop said:
I ask because I thought I was doing my espresso machine a favor by plumbing it straight into the RO system.
A few of my friends who live in the far suburbs (no Chicago water) have reverse osmosis sytems whcih they run through their coffee and espresso machines. None of them have had problems with corrosion as far as I know, and two of them have been in their current houses for at least 3-4 years...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts