The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, it isn't a full-size Hummer, but it is nearly as big :D The tires as six inches in diameter and the truck is about 2 feet long. In case anyone is wondering, it is an HPI Savage 2.5. The engine generates about 2.5hp and goes about 45mph (2 speed trans). It is a blast to drive. I hope it will hold me over until my Elise comes in.

More pics:
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=122763048

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
huggy bear said:
COOOOOOOOL! I want one! How much for a whole setup like that?
Way too much money :( The Savage SS kit is about $325. The radio and servos is another $150. Basic hop-ups (like a reverse module and dual disk brakes) $100, and paint/fuel/necessities for running a nitro truck $50.

Ouch, I never added it up before. That's $725. I am an engineer, so I love to build stuff and this thing is a blast to build/work on. And running it off-road is an absolute blast. It can take a major beating.

Here is another pic. BTW, that truck it is crushing is a 1/10 scale truck (normal sized).

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Modern Wedgie said:
Boys and their toys. Sigh.

(Who am I kidding)
Exactly. I sometimes feel stupid having all these R/C cars and other 'toys', but they make me happy. And I don't have a wife to tell me not to get them :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts