The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, it's for our son. He needed a good, reliable, practical car, with great gas mileage. Shopping around, I found everything that met that criteria was soooo boring! That is until I looked at the Scion Xa RS 1.0 (sounds like some software title). It's a limited run of 1550 serial numbered cars with the RS 1.0 package.

This little thing weighs only 365 pounds more than the Elise and will carry four 6-footers and some luggage. Thats 200 pounds less than either the base Mini or a Miata. It's very well equipped, styled with a little flair, and very well priced.

Besides, I needed some mid-wait new car fix.

Here are a few pictures:

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Chris,
That looks sweet. I don't really like the std Xa model. That body kit and wheels completely transforms it. Looks great. Lucky kid!

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
A little disappointing that the sport model is an automatic, but cute car nonetheless! I wanna see it once he puts a 2" drop on it! ;) How many hp is that thing pushing?

·
Registered
223 Posts
We went to check the xB last w-e. Quite original and cute:D Bit expensive but heard they and Toyotas have a good resale value.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
transio said:
A little disappointing that the sport model is an automatic, but cute car nonetheless! I wanna see it once he puts a 2" drop on it! ;) How many hp is that thing pushing?
Actually, we were only interested in an automatic. It has a 1.5L VVT-I engine that puts out 108hp & 111 lb. Seems puny (and it isn't great), but with the light weight, it gives a slightly better power to weight ratio than the base Mini. More important than the power was the 31/38 mpg rating. It will be his college car and he will be buying the gas.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toine said:
We went to check the xB last w-e. Quite original and cute:D Bit expensive but heard they and Toyotas have a good resale value.
The xB is the more practical of the two. Limo-level room for four, plus a lot of cargo space. I believe it is also a little more expensive. We were going after a specific model and didn't price the xB. This xA, though, was very well priced. The MSRP for an automatic xA is $13,280 and that includes A/C, PW, tilt, a nice Pioneer AM/FM/CD/MP3 player, sport-style seats, ABS and a lot of neat small stuff.

The RS 1.0 package adds $2,200 to the sticker, but includes the great tire/wheel package that dealers charge around $2,000+ for, plus a traction control/stability control system, moon roof, color coordinated seats (instead of gray), the 17" Enkei wheels and low profile tires, a rear spoiler, a "sport" grille and the unique Absolutely Red paint instead of the other dark colors they have. This package is a great price performer.

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
i purchased an xb in september.....
i needed a cheap car that i can drive anytime, to anywhere, not worry where i park it, etc.....
we have a van, (the wife's) a cobra that hasent graced my driveway for 2 years, (long story, should see it back b4 too long), and at the time a heavily modded evo...sold the evo and bought the elise.
the xb is exactly what i was looking for....basic transportation but still kinda fun to drive. can hold me, the wife, and my 2 little kids easily....
u have to be careful with options as they can become expensive little cars...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did you get the lighted cupholders?

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
here is my scion xa with 2.5" drop springs and 17" wheels... I too got one to be the daily beater - selling the BMW 3 wagon.. awww, gonna miss it!

The scion is good though, great gas milage, once i get the lotus both my cars will weigh less than an SUV haahaha.

the 1.0 is not a sport package... there is no "sport package" for the scions. the 1.5 four is around 105 hp, similar trq. mine is a 5sp, and i would say its "...slightly peppy" i think they are 0-60in the high 8's. a bit quicker than the xb (i could notice it)

i got mine 3 months old with 3k miles on it for 9,899 and added the wheels tires and spring for right at 1,000.

anyway - a good economy car that my bike fits in, although i have to take the front wheel off now.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts