The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very happy and excited with this purchase!

I'm having some browser issues so I will have to wait until tomorrow to post pictures. This is S2Mikey's old car, and I have known it for years. A great machine, and I know I am going to get years of fun out of it.b

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,090 Posts
I guess the cat's out of the bag...

Yeah, you will get many happy miles out of that '87. S2Mikey (and the previous owner, Tom B) took good care of it.

PS I'll buy the wheels off ya for TEN BUCKS....:evil:

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I see that you were already here! Even if the car was well cared for, you still must document when the belts were last checked and/or replaced. If not so that you can replace or tension them now but so you know when they must be tensioned or replaced in the future.
David Teitelbaum

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Wow...this is quite a surprise!
That is one beautiful Esprit...CONGRATS!!!!

Did Mikey get a Corvette? Wishing him the very best in his next fun vehicle!

Roy

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
cool!

But...

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay in pictures, folks.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Great pics!!!
Congrats on a most awesome acquisition!
You need to change your post signature now with one more car on that list...sounds like a dream garage to me :)

Roy

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great pics!!!
Congrats on a most awesome acquisition!
You need to change your post signature now with one more car on that list...sounds like a dream garage to me :)

Roy
Actually, same number of cars - I sold the Corvette to fund this purchase.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Mike,
You have the very 'rare' two slot bonnet like mine. 12 years of 'G' car ownership I have found about 10 or less. I've talked with people who worked for the company and they could not answer my questions.

Most every Esprit which passed through the line had 'six holes' punched in the bonnet and it was much thicker about 3/4 of an inch vs. the 1/2 our bonnets are made from.

Glad you purchased the car. I'm at your 'beck and call' if you have any questions just ask

Robert

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike,
You have the very 'rare' two slot bonnet like mine. 12 years of 'G' car ownership I have found about 10 or less. I've talked with people who worked for the company and they could not answer my questions.

Most every Esprit which passed through the line had 'six holes' punched in the bonnet and it was much thicker about 3/4 of an inch vs. the 1/2 our bonnets are made from.

Glad you purchased the car. I'm at your 'beck and call' if you have any questions just ask

Robert
Thanks Robert. I am very excited with my purchase; it truly is a stellar car. Put 80 miles on it today, including taking it to work.

The car is pretty much, but I do plan on doing the belts in the next few weeks. Done plenty of timing belts before, but this will be an Esprit first.

·
Banned
938 Posts
Hi.
Cant imagine having that in my Garage and gawking at it.
That will always be LOTUS to me.
Fantastic.
What a jewel...
I have an 89 turbo, but it is absolutely secondary to your car.
Enjoy..and post your enjoyment.
Mike.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I had a difficult decision to make this morning:

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,090 Posts
^^ You have a tough life, Mike..... LOL