The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed a helmet for an autox event coming up. My budget was really tight and I was ready to buy a motorcycle helmet until I came across this helmet. For the money its really good IMO. You guys tell me. I paid $125 shipped for it

Zamp FSA-2 (Matte Black)
Snell SA 2005 Certified
Tear Off Posts on Shield
Plush Fire Retardant Liner
Lightweight Fiberglass Shell

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Zamp RZ31. They are essentially Bell Europe. Good stuff!
Thats awesome!! I was looking at Bell and Simpson but they were way out of my budget.

For anyone interested in one, I bought it from a vendor on Ebay and it looks like he has a bunch of them. He as it listed for $160 obo. I made an offer of $100 and he counter offered with $125

·
Registered
776 Posts
Wow, nice deal. SA (fire) rated and full face will get you into any event w/out hassle. Love that flat black. Snell's 2010 rating helmets are coming at the end of this year, so the 05 rated helmets are going out a hot prices, yours looks red hot.

The club's here honor the previous Snell rating, so the 2000's are still okay. You should be good at events until the next Snell comes out, presumably in 2015.

You're an AutoX'er correct? I thought M rated was okay at autoX?

·
I Have Commitment Issues
2,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, nice deal. SA (fire) rated and full face will get you into any event w/out hassle. Love that flat black. Snell's 2010 rating helmets are coming at the end of this year, so the 05 rated helmets are going out a hot prices, yours looks red hot.

The club's here honor the previous Snell rating, so the 2000's are still okay. You should be good at events until the next Snell comes out, presumably in 2015.

yup i just started autoXing but i want to do a track day at some point too. thats why i figured the SA helmet was worth a extra money over a M rated one.

Yes my shoes do match my car lol :coolnana:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I bought a Zamp FSA-2 on ebay for $115 shipped. I'm borderline S and M, got the small like my current Pyrotect, WAY too small. Exchanged for a medium, was barely larger than the small! Returned it and have a ZeroNine carbon fiber helmet on the way.

·
Premium Member
2,977 Posts

M is OK at autocrosses. SCCA will allow SA2000 or M2000 in 2011, I believe.

If you are coming to Minnesota, we will require SA2005 or M2005 in 2011. Our local council has to keep pace with NCCC and PCA.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts