The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I went through that yesterday when I picked up my car. I don't think it is as big of an issue but just in case here is what I did for my 250 mile drive: I got off the interstate about 6 times along the route. While on the interstate I kept varying my speed from 60 to about 100 MPH and different gears at the same speeds i.e. kept the car at 60 in 4th than 5th than 6th and same procedure for different speeds. I stopped a couple of times once to pump gas and once to buy some food and let the car idle for a few seconds. Also whenever there was no one behind me in the freeway I let the speed drop down to about 40MPH and ran it in 6th for a little while to run the engine at slow RPMs, repeated the procedure in 5th, 4th, 3rd than accelerated briskly past the 4500 rpm to add some "short bursts of spirited driving" as the manual calls it untill I was up to around 100MPH again. Just be creative, make some stops, look for some points of interest on your way to stop and check out and you should be fine. Hope this helps!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts