The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, we're a new sponsor here on lotustalk. We've built many of our different wheel styles and sizes for various lotus models over the years. All of our wheels are custom built and 100% made in the USA from forged 6061 T6 aluminum. Here's a few cars we've built wheels for. If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM or give me a call at 866-634-4626.

Thanks
Zak

Attachments

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Bling Bling

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Thanks for supporting the community, but those wheels are not to my personal taste...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Really like those wheels on the orange Esprit. I'll keep you in mind as I slowly but surely destroy my stock rims.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Zak - we are all for new products for our cars. Frankly, there's just not a huge supply of aftermarket vendors for our cars, so the more the merrier!

I will say this - the chrome blinged out stuff is going to go over like a fart in church in here. For example, the ones on the white Exige. Just not that sort of crowd.

People are interested in painted/coated wheels. You'll find lots of us have black (gloss and matte) and carbon grey. Any option in those?

Also, people are very big on weight here (meaning, less is better) so if you're about selling your wares here, offer up the weight of the wheels straight away. Why? Cuz you're gonna get asked! The number one question on his forum to every topic is 'yeah, but what does it weigh?'

:)

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
Zak - we are all for new products for our cars. Frankly, there's just not a huge supply of aftermarket vendors for our cars, so the more the merrier!
[snip]

People are interested in painted/coated wheels. You'll find lots of us have black (gloss and matte) and carbon grey. Any option in those?

Also, people are very big on weight here (meaning, less is better) so if you're about selling your wares here, offer up the weight of the wheels straight away. Why? Cuz you're gonna get asked! The number one question on his forum to every topic is 'yeah, but what does it weigh?'

I've been on the Boze website - definitely has black, grey, brushed, and a bunch of finish options - not just chrome. And the styles of wheels - very large selection. My favorites are 'Pro Tech' and 'Apex'.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

I will say this - the chrome blinged out stuff is going to go over like a fart in church in here. For example, the ones on the white Exige. Just not that sort of crowd.

This is a quirky place compared to other automotive forums, but hey... It's home (and for the most part it's a much better forum).

Those wheels on the orange Esprit are NICE, doubly so were they anthracite grey.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I've been on the Boze website - definitely has black, grey, brushed, and a bunch of finish options - not just chrome. And the styles of wheels - very large selection. My favorites are 'Pro Tech' and 'Apex'.
Cool.

I was just offering the OP a bit of free market research! Wanna sell wheels on LT? Show them in black, grey, silver and not the bling bling wheels.

Many people just won't click through to the other site.

And of course - 'WHAT DOES IT WEIGH?' :D

·
Super Moderator
3,729 Posts
Cool.[snip]
Many people just won't click through to the other site.

And of course - 'WHAT DOES IT WEIGH?' :D
OK - I was gonna let Zak mention, but here's the info I got a few weeks ago.

I asked for a quote for 17x7 front, 17x8 rear, factory OEM offsets 23/-20, factory widths; only larger from 15" to 17" for my 88 Esprit (Citroen trans).

Zak quoted about 22.5 lbs per wheel.

My 15x8 OEM OZ wheel is 19.6 lbs (never weighed the front 15x7 OEM wheel).

·
Supporting Vendor
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback. We offer a lot of different finishes. Our most popular finishes are brushed aluminum, and powder coat colors. We very rarely finish our wheels in chrome. I've attached a few images of our more popular finishes. As far as weight goes we can build the wheels with a step lip in 17" which will bring the weight down to 17lbs a piece (I attached an image of our Mesh wheel with a step lip). Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks
Zak

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
In response to the weight inquiry in SwingLo's post above - I weighed my stock OZ Saturns and the Boze Forged and found that the Boze Forged were around a little over a half pound lighter for each wheel compared to stock even when the diameter of the Boze Forged rims were an inch larger for both front and rear.
I shopped around for custom wheels for about a year and found Boze Forged to be fairly priced compared to other manufacturers' prices that were outrageous. I figured also if Dale Jr and Danica Patrick trusted their wheels with Boze, then I couldn't go wrong. Zak was great to work assisting me through the whole process of customizing the wheels and I can't be more than happy with them.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
I will say this - the chrome blinged out stuff is going to go over like a fart in church in here.
Chrome wheels are for Chevelles and Mustangs.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback. We offer a lot of different finishes. Our most popular finishes are brushed aluminum, and powder coat colors. We very rarely finish our wheels in chrome. I've attached a few images of our more popular finishes. As far as weight goes we can build the wheels with a step lip in 17" which will bring the weight down to 17lbs a piece (I attached an image of our Mesh wheel with a step lip). Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks
Zak

With the step lip, does it has the safety hump for the tire bead to seat properly conforming to Tire And Rim Association Standards ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts