The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I adjust when the brake lights come on. I have a fair amount of motion of the brake pedal before the brake lights come on. I think the brakes actually start working before the lights come on. I tried to get under there this morning. It is a tight fit and I didn't want to get stuck head first, and upside down in my car before work.

I can feel the switch but not a way to adjust it.

Can anybody help?

Greg

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I took a look (actually a picture with the camera) at the switch, and it doesn't appear to be adjustable. I suspect that the adjustment will be to remove the switch from the bracket, and trim a bit of the plastic plunger from the switch. I haven't done this yet, but I need "strike the Lotus position" - upside down, head first under the dashboard...;)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I've got this problem too...

The first day I had the car, I found myself wondering "why the f**k aren't these people slowing down?!?" - but later that night when I could see the light reflecting in my rear view, I realized why.

I had planned to deal with it at my 1k service, but forgot about it then so I'll have to get it taken care of along with the other issues next time I have a chance to bring the car in.

Or if anyone finds an easy way to adjust it, that would be nice ;)

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Per the manual the switch itself can be easily removed...it's one of those 1/4 turn deals.

I'll have to take a look but it might be one of those bend it until the switch operates properly mounting brackets. You can see the switch in the PIC below.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to Stan, I was out under the dash again this morning before work. It is indeed a quarter turn to remove the switch. The bracket is rivited in place. So I bent it a little bit by hand. It would have been easier with pliers or vice grips. I put it back and it was good. It only needed to be moved a little. It may be able to be done with the switch in place.

Getting under the dash and especially out from under the dash was not easy! At least for me.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts