The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the brake light blinker module a week or two ago and it's been working great. Big thanks to YELOTUS's post, it made things a lot easier. Here's my photos from the install in case his post ever gets lost or corrupted.

I thought the hardest part from the whole thing was stripping the thick black wire to get at the two smaller wires inside. I also used wire connectors instead of the twist caps and put some foam around the module so that it wouldn't rattle (Great idea!)

Nobody told me about the free lifesaver that came with the unit!

Quick summary:
  1. Remove brake light assembly (2 screws)
  2. Strip portion of thick black wire to gain access to the two wires inside
  3. Cut and strip ends of the red wire
  4. Attach white module wire to the red wire going to the light
  5. Attach red module wire to the red wire from the plug
  6. Use included wire connector to connect blue module wire to the black ground wire (no cutting!)
  7. Clean up the insides as much as you like using cable ties and/or foam
  8. Re-attach the assembly
  9. Consume Lifesaver

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Nomination for "Library"!

Great write-up, nice pictures.

-=cixel :up:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Thanks for the helpful right up and photo's. It couldn't have been easier and hopefully will help me save the rear clam from a rear end attack.

On my car a, mid model year 2005 Elise, the screws that need to be removed to take the whole third brake light assembly off were in fact 8mm bolts. I needed to put a mirror under the assembly to discover that they weren't screws at all. Other than that everything else was easy as pie.

Thanks again,

Sean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.