The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At night when I brake I can see the third brake light light up only when decelerating rapidly. The brake pedal must be pushed in considerably. When cruising to a stop and using light/medium brake pressure, the lights never come on and I have had traffic come up on me pretty close! I try to pump the brakes hard for a few taps to signal the brake lights to warn drivers behind me that I am stopping. Anyone else had this problem?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I've suspected a similar problem, though maybe not as bad as yours. It seems that very light braking doesn't activate the lights. This is probably just a very easy adjustment to fix (there should be a switch near the brake pedal arm).

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I don't have this problem. Mine seems to light up about the same time as the pads touch the rotors.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would get this rectified right away if you drive in traffic a lot! I always worry in my M3 about getting rear ended because I can easlity out brake any average car and most performance cars. Add in driver lag (increases dramatically when they are on their cell phone :no: ) and you have a recipe to learn the first name of the driver behind you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts