The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days have been above 70+ and I have noticed my brakes aren't
as precise in terms of pedal feel as days of yore. Maybe it's simply the heat or my pads need replacement.
The car has 14500 miles to its name and the brake pads haven't been replaced since I bought it new in 2006. The brake lines have not been switched out to braided stainless either.
However, I do have the slotted s111 girodisc "ultradiscs", which do a good job at shortening brake pad life by scraping them as the discs rotate. Since the oem discs are drilled, would the oem brake pads last longer using drilled rotors or slotted rotors?
Also, are brake rotors designed to touch the brake pads while driving?
How much rotor drag is normal or should the rotors spin freely without touching the pads?

-Robert

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
If you still have the stock pads get new ones, and not the same thing, they suck. Check your pads both the inner and outer pad on all 4 corners of the car. The stock pads do not wear evenly. Drivers out side pad may be only half worn-out, wile the inside pad maybe almost down to the backing.

If I remember right I replaced mine around 9,000ish miles or so and one pad was paper thin. It was one of the inside pads of course.

Kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts