The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone have the correct part number for the replacement brake switch? I know there are several posts about this but they go in several directions with you need to trim this and use the old plunger that...

Not interested in doing any of this... If someone could provide the exact replacement PN, it would be much help.

Cheers!

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
859 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone have the correct part number for the replacement brake switch? I know there are several posts about this but they go in several directions with you need to trim this and use the old plunger that...

Not interested in doing any of this... If someone could provide the exact replacement PN, it would be much help.

Cheers!
The ACTUAL Lotus part number is A116J6034F if you want to spend north of $80. The easy answer is to buy the switch replacement from Greg below for $20.

https://www.gregsraceparts.com/coll...ance-repair/products/evora-brake-pedal-switch

·
Happy To Be Here
859 Posts
To summarize what is difficult to find in the other posts about this, there is a cheap do-it-yourself way (in case Greg doesn’t have any switches in stock or stops selling them).

Go to RockAuto.com and look up part number 5106141 and find the brake sensor switch labeled SLS334. When it arrives, you can use a sharp knife or a Dremel to remove a small tab from the switch so it securely fits on the mounting plate in the Evora. I’ve circled this tab in the photo below. This may take a fitment attempt or two so you don’t take off too much, but you can always take off more so be conservative on the first attempt. This switch plugs in directly with no modification to the harness and I didn’t need any adjustment to the plunger right out of the box.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... Anyone have the box left over from the GRP source? Not trying to cut them dudes out, but the shipping would be more then the part to Germany.

·
Happy To Be Here
859 Posts
Thanks... Anyone have the box left over from the GRP source? Not trying to cut them dudes out, but the shipping would be more then the part to Germany.
If I had to make a guess, I’m betting Greg is doing the legwork I described in my second post and shipping out that stock SAAB sensor after modifying the tabs himself. I don’t think any other switch fits perfect in the Evora right out of the box other than the stock Lotus part. With you being in Germany, you might have better luck finding the SAAB switch through amazon or through a local automotive parts store. But then you’ll have to do the modification yourself of course, but it isn’t too difficult, especially if I were able to do it haha.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had to make a guess, I’m betting Greg is doing the legwork I described in my second post and shipping out that stock SAAB sensor after modifying the tabs himself. I don’t think any other switch fits perfect in the Evora right out of the box other than the stock Lotus part. With you being in Germany, you might have better luck finding the SAAB switch through amazon or through a local automotive parts store. But then you’ll have to do the modification yourself of course, but it isn’t too difficult, especially if I were able to do it haha.
He might, due to availability of parts in the USA... But Lotus is most certainly using shelf stock unmodified. I can't find the post where Opel or ford was mentioned... hopefully someone reads this with the knowledge.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts