The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Elise
So I am getting the E-Brake light coming on when going into corners harder and accelerating through. It is all the way down, and car doesn't feel different.
Any Ideas or is this common(just got the car last week)? Not to much of a bother but prolly will have the dealer check it out under warranty next time I am in.(waiting on them to get a replacement hardtop and passenger headlight)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Your brake fluid is probably a tad low.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Did that fix the problem for you? I have the same problem and my fluid is "full" according to the marker but not up to the cap.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did that fix the problem for you? I have the same problem and my fluid is "full" according to the marker but not up to the cap.
Yes it did. I was a bit below the full line so I "overfilled" it a bit past the line and all is good, did a track day and not even a light then.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I had this problem too but my brake fluid was filled properly. It may be caused by the brake light switch. This part can be purchased here
I didn't have to buy a new one. I just cleaned the contacts on the leads and the problem stopped.:nanner:

·
Registered
150 Posts
You will also want to check under the little rubber cover on the top of the brake fluid reservoir. It gets dirty and is the contact for the float switch. Wipe down with a soft cloth or cue tip, replace rubber cover and make sure fluid is full. Since the float is off center (to the left side) it will trigger more easily when you turn left as the fluid will shift to the right causing the float to drop and trigger the contact. Hope it helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts