The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - I've own my Elise for around 2 years now and haven't had any issues with it aside from a bum turn signal. Over the past week I've been hearing this noise while braking, after accelerating up to a RPM over 4K and letting off the gas, or simply cruising on the freeway. The noise isn't exactly a gurgle, but kinda sounds like Darth Vader when he exhales or inhales. I thought it had something to do with A/C, but turning it off and driving around didn't change anything. Perhaps it has something to do with the brake fluid and air in the lines? Sadly, I can't recall what my brake pedal has sounded like over the years and once I started hearing this Darth Vader sound I notice that when I press the brake pedal down I hear a hydraulic/pneumatic type sound.

Thoughts are appreciated :)

Thanks,

:DV:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Well, it is obvious that Darth isn't in your passenger seat since you would have noticed him there.
Did you check in the trunk?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well he could be playing a mind trick on me and is indeed in the passenger seat.

I think I might have the SHHH problem someone on here posted about.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that the sound is a little more prominent it is clearly worn pads. Move along here, nothing to see here :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts