The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No damage reported anywhere written on Carfax. Should I worry? The car has few owners. The car is clean. The odometer is consistent. Seller bought it from wirewheel and is working with Carfax to have it removed. I didn’t know about it until I put down a deposit.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
If it is only carfax, that is not a branded title
Carfax is a business that can make mistakes.
If there are records with reasonable mileage I would not worry too much about it

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
These engines can outlast the interiors from what I've seen, so if the cars visually looks lows miles, then I would assume the odo is accurate or at least close enough. Also as gus said, Carfax is far different from a branded title. Is there an actual state-issued note on the title?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Get a copy of the Title from the seller. And then contact your DMV to see if there will be any issues with issuing an "Actual" Odo reading on the new Title.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The 08s had dash defects that were replaced under warranty which would alter their odometer readings. My car had a sticker in the door jamb noting that it had 17xx more miles than the odometer read. The sticker has since deteriorated and come off. :)

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise
90 Posts
Agreed, ask for a copy of the title to see if it is branded. Most or all states won’t remove the brand once it is there. See this thread for the sticker you should see if the odometer has been replaced:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts