The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to upgrade my tune to BOE's REV 300, upgrade my fuel injectors and add fuel rail.

2007 Exige S with cup airbox and stock pulley. AutoX 2-3 times a month, track 7-8 times a year.

What are your thoughts? Suggestions? Experiences? Etc Etc Etc......

Please include why you like a specific product and the advantages. Pictures are cool too.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Have you been a good boy this year?

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gungodess says I have Bob! Just don't ask the Mods!

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,422 Posts
This upgrade is what I hope to do in the next year or so. Would like updates when done. I am planning on a few other items first; fuel surge, oil pan and what nots. I also have the '07 S and want to know how much better it can be without changing the supercharger and intercooler, maybe someday I will upgrade those too.

·
av8or21
40 Posts
Let me know how it goes for you! I'm looking at a similar project within the next few years.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
Bobby,

Do you already have the RLS larger intercooler? ...and light weight pipes? With the 3.0" pulley (also from RLS), if you don't, these will bring it to life with a complete exhaust system...I have 2bular, but turbophil likes some other brand that may not be made any more...

Do you already have a gPan? When you stick one of those on, you've already got the engine half way open, you can stick in the steel oil pump gears (from EliseParts) and an ATI harmonic damper...this has not been talked about here... ATI - Super Dampers® for Toyota & Scion Engines

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
Bobby,

Do you already have the RLS larger intercooler?
Recommended.

.and light weight pipes?
No appreciable difference, but I do like saving weight.

the 3.0" pulley (also from RLS), if you don't, these will bring it to life with a complete exhaust system...I have 2bular, but turbophil likes some other brand that may not be made any more...
Do you already have a gPan? When you stick one of those on, you've already got the engine half way open, you can stick in the steel oil pump gears (from EliseParts) and an ATI harmonic damper...this has not been talked about here... ATI - Super Dampers® for Toyota & Scion Engines
I'd only recommend a smaller pulley with bigger injectors, ECU tune, etc to support more boost.

San

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JJ and San.....

Yes have the RLS intercooler and ducts. Also have the Gpan.

Have the pulley but have not installed it because it pushes me out of SSP class and don't want the extra wear on my SC.

Running a 2bular header and decat with Larini pipe.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
JJ and San.....

Yes have the RLS intercooler and ducts. Also have the Gpan.

Have the pulley but have not installed it because it pushes me out of SSP class and don't want the extra wear on my SC.

Running a 2bular header and decat with Larini pipe.
Extra wear on your SC? That's like saying I'll go easy on the significant other (not happening). Any significant other worth having is worth exerting extra wear on.

San

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
I'd only recommend a smaller pulley with bigger injectors, ECU tune, etc to support more boost.

San
I have the OEM injectors on my car...granted they are the Cup 260 injectors. I think they are 440s... and I don't have a "tune" yet. The exhaust was the biggest HP increase of all of these bolt-ons (not really mods in my book).

I'm surprised no one made any comments about the ATI super damper...I don't have one on my engine yet, but that is next for me. Since I will be taking the nose off of my engine (to put the ATI on), I'll up the oil pump at that time...

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,603 Posts
I went with Fastworks Torque 300 with all the other kit associated with Blade 300.

255 Fuelpump
550 Injectors
2.9 pulley
cup air box
Decat
2bular catback ( no header yet)
3 way shroud
RLS intercooler

I have a 07 exige S putting down 271 at the wheels. :shift:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
+1 for Torque 300. I have this tune also. Had to get 525cc injectors to run the tune.

stock pulley
stock fuel pump
RLS intercooler & shroud
cup box
2bular header/decat/Ti exhaust

first pass on the tune was 255whp. Needs a rework so I'm expecting around 270 when done.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bump

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
Just for clarification, you meant my "Torque300" tune and the Exige power recipe setup and not the REV300 (you said rev in your first post)?? The latter being the non-intercooled TVS blower....

The Rev300 won't be a step up in power, it will just be a lot simpler maintenance and lighter-- in addition to being upgradable to the 400. The REV400 will be a big step up in power.

Now if you're looking at the Exige power recipe type of deal along with Torque 300, then it will be a bump in power from what you have now. Can probably fix that funky stumble you've been posting about as well.

Just depends on your power goals...

BTW- do what you want with the balancer, but be warned that replacing the oil pump gears isn't something you do "just because you're down there"! Balancer is an easy job. Oil pump requires removal of front cover, wihch means front motor mount and purch comes off the frame, which means coolant is drained, which means oil is drained since coolant gets in it, which means timing chain comes off, which means you need to retime your cams, which means your reluctor ring comes off crank, which means your small sprocket comes off crank, which means you THEN FINALLY get to the oil pump... Now, you have all those things to mess up when putting it back together:D... If you're handy with a wrench, then more power to ya... just a heads up. there's a bit to it ;)

-Phil

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
BTW- Don't get me banned too! :p

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes Phil, I meant torque 300. And I promise not to get you banned.

Thanks for your input!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts