The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I have recently ordered a new set of tire replacements for my A048's. Tried a new tread from bridgestone as the tire on paper provided better wet road grips than A048's/ A050's.

Š”Ž®‰ïŽÐƒuƒŠƒaƒXƒgƒ“ | POTENZA RE-11S ƒTƒCƒY•\

Been trying them for a few weeks now, haven't driven enough to break-in the tires until recently.

Grip is phenominal. The key difference is the sidewalls are stiffer than the LTS so I have used a slightly lower tire pressure. Like the turn in feel and the tire gives me more confident. Do feel the car understeers alittle more. must be due to the fact I am running on 205's instead of 195's in the front. Slowly tweaking the Ohlins to see if I can dial the car to a more neutral handling

Its a medium compound so it should last ok

just wanted to share with you guys

will update once I get her more on the road

best
simon

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
What tire pressure have you found works best - especially on the front?

Thanks -

·
Registered
466 Posts
+1 | The new Potenza RE-11 & RE-11S are phenomenon tyres.

If you have driven on RE-01R & RE-55S before, these have now been further improved for outright grip and performance.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've been interested in these as well, what size do you get for the fronts? They don't have the exact front size it seems.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Someone mentioned that by getting the 205's the car understeers a bit more. Are there any other side effects of going this size?

·
Registered
912 Posts
We should get the RE-11S here in America it looks like a competitor to A048 and R888s

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Tried a new tread from bridgestone as the tire on paper provided better wet road grips than A048's/ A050's.
A marble has better wet "road grips" than the A048's...rotfl
Glad to see people trying out new tires. :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Someone mentioned that by getting the 205's the car understeers a bit more. Are there any other side effects of going this size?
No understeer at all from going to a larger size. The rears to match can be a 235/40 or 245/40. I went with 205/45-16 in the front and 235/40-17 in the rear on RE-11's (not re11s). If anything, the lotus doesn't need that much tire in the front. I get plenty of oversteer with my suspension tuning (kw variant2).

The car is very neutral and the RE-11 makes an awesome street tire that holds its own on the track. It rides well on the street too.

I know it is more than enough for my driving ability.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Any info on availability in the US? Are these really comparable to the R888? I'd really like to see the Nitto NT-01 available in the US in proper sizes for our cars.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Any info on availability in the US? Are these really comparable to the R888? I'd really like to see the Nitto NT-01 available in the US in proper sizes for our cars.
comparable? you will find that in theory, they are suppose to be a class higher than the Toyo, well, in theory anyway.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Hi Grip is phenominal. The key difference is the sidewalls are stiffer than the LTS so I have used a slightly lower tire pressure. Like the turn in feel and the tire gives me more confident. Do feel the car understeers alittle more. must be due to the fact I am running on 205's instead of 195's in the front.
I'm not following the logic. If you're understeering MORE, and you are using gripier tires, shouldn't going to wider 205's from the 195's REDUCE understeer?

These cars understeer quite enough out of the box. Don't want tires that would increase the understeer.

If you're understeering with wider, grippier front tires, all other things (suspension settings) being equal, is the understeer (or more accurately lack of oversteer) a function of the rear tires being too grippy?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts